Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are People Born Gay?? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#180 : July 17, 2008, 11:29:53 AM

How can everyone be decendants of Adam and Eve without incest?

It's all relative.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#181 : July 17, 2008, 11:57:41 AM

but jesus was a jew, isn't that a sin to christians?

why is that a sin?

to most christians it is

It simply doesn't make sense, the way to heaven is only through the teachings of christ but dude was a jew, doesn't that complicate things just a tad?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#182 : July 17, 2008, 12:10:12 PM

why is that a sin?

to most christians it is

It simply doesn't make sense, the way to heaven is only through the teachings of christ but dude was a jew, doesn't that complicate things just a tad?

its actually really simple if you look at the situation, not the terms.  what about jesus being jewish is a sin?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#183 : July 17, 2008, 12:41:02 PM

why is that a sin?

to most christians it is

You know there was no such thing as a "Christian" when Jesus was living, correct?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#184 : July 17, 2008, 03:51:03 PM

You know there was no such thing as a "Christian" when Jesus was living, correct?

Yes but that still doesn't explain it 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#185 : July 17, 2008, 03:56:36 PM

Not to keep relating to my past work but...

I was in Memphis on a Wife Swap shoot and the 16 year old daughter was talking to her Dad about
The Da Vinci Code and how she wanted to see it. This family considered themselves Christian.

So the girl says to her Dad, "We were talking about it in school today and I had no idea that Jesus
was Jewish!" And her Dad said, "Jewish? No he was not! And don't say such a thing again!"

All of the crew members smiled but none of us said anything.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#186 : July 17, 2008, 04:01:16 PM

Yes but that still doesn't explain it 

Explain what?  There aren't any Christians if there isn't Christianity.  Christianity didn't exist when Jesus was alive.  It's fairly simple.

Jesus (allegedly) is the Jewish Messiah.  The Jews of today do not believe Jesus was the true Messiah.  Christians do believe Jesus was the Messiah, therefore, they are called "Christians."

I believe the Apostle Paul was the first to speak of the notion "Christianity," but I could be wrong about that.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#187 : July 17, 2008, 04:07:36 PM

Explain what? There aren't any Christians if there isn't Christianity. Christianity didn't exist when Jesus was alive. It's fairly simple.

Jesus (allegedly) is the Jewish Messiah. The Jews of today do not believe Jesus was the true Messiah. Christians do believe Jesus was the Messiah, therefore, they are called "Christians."

I believe the Apostle Paul was the first to speak of the notion "Christianity," but I could be wrong about that.

I guess it is simple, thanks for clearing it up.

Jesus was the David Blaine of his time, a dude that did street magic.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#188 : July 17, 2008, 04:14:00 PM

to each his own.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#189 : July 17, 2008, 04:15:19 PM

I guess it is simple, thanks for clearing it up.

You're welcome.

You sure do bash Christianity a lot to not know a whole lot about it.  ;)

Just messin' with you.  You don't have to fire back...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#190 : July 17, 2008, 06:51:53 PM

How can everyone be decendants of Adam and Eve without incest?

Good question - and I don't know the answer.  Just like another group of scientists who have recently provided a genetic analysis that indicates that during a time in the not too distant past - an ice age - humankind it believed to have been catastrophically decimated - to the point where all humankind is not thought to share traits from 8 females. 

Now remember - this is not my story - but rather that of a group of genetic engineers... kinda like the same group who offered the studies on a gay gene - but that is way back in the thread....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#191 : July 17, 2008, 10:53:36 PM

Just messin' with you.  You don't have to fire back.

It's cool, certainly don't know as much as most of you guys.

Having said that I know enough to know something simply doesn't jive.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#192 : July 20, 2008, 12:15:18 AM

I read the article, but not the 5 pages of responses, so if I'm repeating anyone's thoughts, sorry. 

I knew before I even read it that it would be about little boys, not little girls.  No one seems worried about the little lesbians-to-be, I guess.  Hmmm. 
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are People Born Gay?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools