Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Federer no longer ranked #1 « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: August 18, 2008, 01:13:14 PM

For the first time since 2004, someone other than Roger Federer is the No. 1-ranked player in men's tennis.

Rafael Nadal, winner of two Grand Slams and the Olympic gold medal this year, officially dethroned Federer as the top player on the ATP Tour on Monday.

"Nowhere in my best dreams I can imagine something like what I did this year," Nadal said after winning the gold medal in Beijing. "I am playing an unbelievable season, no doubt. I have to be very happy for everything ... The feeling for sure is very happy for being No. 1, but the feeling doesn't change too much because the last years I did very well too. It is a satisfaction ... I want to enjoy these two days probably, but later I have to be focused on New York. [for the U.S. Open]."

Federer held the top spot for a record 237 consecutive weeks after becoming No. 1 on Feb. 2, 2004. Nadal was ranked No. 2 behind him for a record 160 weeks, since July 25, 2005.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=3540493

#1 : August 18, 2008, 01:16:49 PM

He seems to have lost his focus, and Nadal is hitting his peak.  The Federer era maybe coming to an end.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Federer no longer ranked #1 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools