Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort reports: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 23, 2006, 12:18:56 PM

If it shakes out this way, this is an affordable contract for the Bucs and doesn't bind them in for the long term. If nothing else, Simms becomes a decently paid backup, and the numbers are well under the better-paid starters.

If he signs the deal, then well done Bruce, indeed.

#16 : December 23, 2006, 12:20:31 PM

GRUDEN IS SCREWING US BEFORE LEAVING FOR BAMA!!!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 23, 2006, 12:21:51 PM

Mort gets his info from Gruden, so I wonder what Gruden's motivation is for leaking the info.   ???

#18 : December 23, 2006, 12:22:42 PM

A way to let fans know that we're not going into next year with Tim freaking Rattay as the starter?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 23, 2006, 12:30:40 PM

That would make Simms come into next year as the starter.

I don't agree. The issue this year was there wasn't any competition for SImms. He was handed the starting job. If they sign Simms I'd bet anything the Bucs will still bring in a vet to compete for the starting job along with him. This coaching staff is big-time for competition for jobs, remember what happened to Gramatica?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 23, 2006, 12:39:15 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 23, 2006, 12:40:44 PM

It is a good signing (should it happen) because it provides more depth to the shaky quality the Bucs have so far.  Having Grads, McCown, Rattay, and Simms going into TC makes more sense than not having him.  And Rattay is as good as gone, IMO.  No matter how he has played the last three or four quarters.  I think Rattay will have a so-so game versus the Browns, and a bnad one versus the Seahawks, and all will be back to normal.  Which is too say Rattay sucks.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#22 : December 23, 2006, 12:42:08 PM

Yes! I wished for more losing seasons from santa! and now with simms coming back ill get that wish!

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 23, 2006, 01:34:07 PM

dont do it,  wait to take a look  at Carr

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : December 23, 2006, 01:40:03 PM

That would make Simms come into next year as the starter.

I don't agree. The issue this year was there wasn't any competition for SImms. He was handed the starting job. If they sign Simms I'd bet anything the Bucs will still bring in a vet to compete for the starting job along with him. This coaching staff is big-time for competition for jobs, remember what happened to Gramatica?

If they do manage to sign Chris it looks like Rattay/Garcia will the be the veteran options that the Bucs FO will pursue.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#25 : December 23, 2006, 01:43:28 PM

That's great news.

P.S. David Carr blows

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#26 : December 23, 2006, 01:58:58 PM

Mort gets his info from Gruden, so I wonder what Gruden's motivation is for leaking the info.   ???
Obviously its something evil and diabolical, whatever it is.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 23, 2006, 02:03:37 PM

Great signing if it happens. If he continues to struggle, we're only invested for two years.
This is good for the Simms criticizers (me) and the ones who want us to go elsewhere.
I hope the Gru adjusts for Simms (shotgun) and Chris progresses in this offense.

This also means Gru and Allen will be around for at least one year. Otherwise, why let
them make a deal like this? Then again, if the Glazers wants Simms back, they would
have to do it now before the deadline. So, it could mean nada when it comes to the
future of Gru and Allen.

I hope Garcia is also brought in.

Rattay? We'll see how he does in these next two games.

Looks like a draft of a QB is not going to happen. Right?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 23, 2006, 02:06:03 PM

Wow, everyone is geeked about this but didn't Simms stink up the field this year?

I mean this cat was reveiled 3 months ago and now all of a sudden he's the good news?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#29 : December 23, 2006, 02:07:18 PM

For those 2 1/2 games he was putrid. But he did lead us to the playoffs, if he regains that flame we're going places, if not....well thank goodness it's not a Peyton Manning deal.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort reports: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools