Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signed the Deal « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

#120 : December 25, 2006, 09:41:21 PM

Okay and bucnation seriously man, what's up with adding extra letters to EVVVVVVEEERRRRRYYYY word? There's another certain user who goes into spasms and puts CERTAIN words in CAPS trying to EMPHASIZE his point, mann.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#121 : December 25, 2006, 09:44:53 PM

LOL!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#122 : December 25, 2006, 11:33:03 PM

huh?????????????? Chinaaaaaaaaaa?????????????? Geez u are china guy???? all of people!! Damnnnn i am not china!! i am in San joseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! Westsideeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Balllllllllllllllllllllllllinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

#123 : December 26, 2006, 08:08:59 AM

Bucs signed QB Chris Simms to a two-year contract extension.

The St. Petersburg Times reports the deal can reach $14.5 million. With the only other quarterbacks set to be on Tampa Bay's roster (Tim Rattay is an impending free agent) Bruce Gradkowski and Luke McCown, Simms is the early favorite to start in 2007. McCown would be the one to go if Tampa brings in a veteran like Jake Plummer for competition

Bad News Bucs fans

Geez you guys would have thought he ws a horrible QB or something Simms is the best QB in free agency and one of the first "smart" moves done by allen/gruden

I will never get it, even the strongest Gruden/Allen supporters are supporting this move. This is NOT a Rich McKay cap killing contract.

For the most part I think that Gruden/Allen are happy with Simms. He is more mobile than SOME QB's that have come through this system. Remember his last TD came from a scramble where he showed toughness taking a big hit. If he can work on his accuracy and batted balls he will be dangerous and will move the team.

Right now I think they see the upside in Chris and I think both Gruden/Simms will "grow up"  together

bklynbucs11

Starter

#124 : December 26, 2006, 09:58:48 AM

We're over-paying for the guy that will serve as Gradkowski's backup in 2007 when Grad's ready to really take over this offense.

Let the haters (you know who you are, no need to call anyone out) keep crying, but Grad has the ability to lead this offense very effectively, but he does need time.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#125 : December 26, 2006, 10:02:22 AM

We're over-paying for the guy that will serve as Gradkowski's backup in 2007 when Grad's ready to really take over this offense.

I really don't think they're over-paying for Simms. The contract is apparently very heavily laden with incentives, among those being the starter. If he doesn't start, he doesn't make a whole lot of money.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#126 : December 26, 2006, 11:08:43 PM

Let the haters (you know who you are, no need to call anyone out) keep crying, but Grad has the ability to lead this offense very effectively, but he does need time.

You cannot be serious!!LOL!!

#127 : December 26, 2006, 11:10:17 PM

I won't doubt Bruce, he's not just going to quit, I hope he beats Chris out, just means he's the better player, that's really all I want is the better player playing.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#128 : December 26, 2006, 11:15:03 PM

Buccaneers | Simms lands two-year deal
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:25:03 -0800

Updating previous reports, the St. Petersburg Times reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Chris Simms agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Buccaneers, which could be worth as much as $14.5 million, including incentives and escalator clauses. Simms said the deal would become official Tuesday, Dec. 26.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#129 : December 27, 2006, 12:42:20 AM

Post of the year?

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#130 : December 27, 2006, 12:45:33 AM

I won't doubt Bruce, he's not just going to quit, I hope he beats Chris out, just means he's the better player, that's really all I want is the better player playing.

It doesn't matter whether it is Simms, Grads, McCown or Vet????......let the best man win for the good of the team.

#131 : December 27, 2006, 12:58:46 AM

It doesn't matter whether it is Simms, Grads, McCown or Vet????......let the best man win for the good of the team.
Basically
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms Signed the Deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools