Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pick Peyton Manning? « previous next »
Page: 1

Badabing

Hall of Famer

: August 26, 2008, 12:01:39 PM

I'm in a 10 team keeper league in which we all get to keep 1 player. I am keeping Steven Jackson and have the 3rd pick in the draft. Other teams keepers include LT, Peterson, Gore, Westbrook, Barber, Larry Johnson, Randy Moss, and believe it or not TE Antonio Gates and QB Donovan McNabb.(dude is an eagle fan homer)

I'm assuming that QB Tom Brady and RB Joseph Addai will get picked before me, but if not I will get one of them.

My Question is should I draft QB Peyton Manning to go along with RB Steven Jackson?  The best RBs available will be Marshawn Lynch, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee. 

I usually go the RB-RB approach.  We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX(WR/RB), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST.  The first year I was in the league, I won it with Culpepper when he went off with like 39 TDs with the Vikings.  Ever since then I have always waited to get a QB, but I am leaning towards nabbing Peyton if he is there.  This RB-RB-RB thing hasn't been working for me.  I had Sjax, Portis, and Rudi Johnson last year thinking I'd be set.  Woah...guess again.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 26, 2008, 01:46:30 PM

If it's PPR, I'd take Lynch, if not, Portis or even a stud WR.  QB's like Ben, Anderson, McNabb, Cutler, and Palmer should be there in the 3rd round.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pick Peyton Manning? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools