Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For '07 I would love to see........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

: December 24, 2006, 11:15:27 AM

- Gruden out, and then bring in Mike Martz and let Monte still run the defense of course.

- Make Simms our #1, Rattay our #2, and Grads our #3 or - release him all together.

- Trade Cadillac Williams for maybe a 2nd rounder(seen enough of what this guy can do), and then draft Adrian Peterson who is going to be a superstar which is something we haven't had in that position.

- Pickup Dwight Freeney and another key free agent linebacker if possible.

- Pickup or trade for a good veteran wide reciever.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : December 24, 2006, 11:25:13 AM

I dont understand why would get rid of caddy for peterson??????

#2 : December 24, 2006, 11:37:24 AM

Caddy has proven he is injury prone and is really no better than Pittman as far as finding holes, and Peterson is going to be a superstar pretty quickly in my opinion ala' Reggie Bush(and the Bucs have never had that dominating type player back there).

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : December 24, 2006, 11:40:19 AM

Newsflash: Adrian Peterson is somewhat injury prone also

He runs upright, he is pretty tall, we dont need to ditch caddy, we need to get another RB on top of him like Garrett Wolfe or Brian Leonard imo

#4 : December 24, 2006, 11:43:05 AM

Adrian Peterson has had ONE significant injury as a four year starter at Oklahoma, and reports are he is already rehabbed and READY to go right now. And I work with a guy who is from Alabama and is a huuuuuuge Auburn fan; and back when we drafted Cadillac I was all hyped and happy while he had a frown on his face, and when I asked why he said "you will see down the road that Cadillac Williams has several issues to be concerned about & always did at Auburn too".

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 24, 2006, 11:50:53 AM

I wouldn't get rid of Caddy just yet. Put any RB in the NFL in this offense and behind this offensive line and you would get similiar results. Mike Martz is a good coordinator but is not very good at managing a game, if you thought Gruden abandoned the run game to soon, Martz sometimes forgets that your allowed to run the ball. If the Bucs draft top 3 they'll go WR and if they draft top 5 they'll go DE. Unfortunately it looks like Gruden will be here again next year.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : December 24, 2006, 11:52:21 AM

Adrian Peterson has had ONE significant injury as a four year starter at Oklahoma, and reports are he is already rehabbed and READY to go right now. And I work with a guy who is from Alabama and is a huuuuuuge Auburn fan; and back when we drafted Cadillac I was all hyped and happy while he had a frown on his face, and when I asked why he said "you will see down the road that Cadillac Williams has several issues to be concerned about & always did at Auburn too".

I just think we have bigger needs than getting a new RB, and Caddy started 24 straight games so its not like he is that injury prone, we just need a addition to the running game, not a exchange, just draft another RB like Leonard or whoever in a later round and we will be fine

SB4TB

Starter

#7 : December 24, 2006, 12:02:13 PM

I'm not the least bit interested in Mike Martz.  I wouldn't trade Cadillac yet, the offensive line has not matured enough to see his full potential. 

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 24, 2006, 12:18:27 PM

Trade Cadillac Williams for Adrian Peterson - now that is one of the craziest things I have read.  Adrian Peterson will have a short career in the NFL if he does not learn how to run without standing straight up the way he does.  Why all the hate for Cadillac as is it his fault we have a crap OL and crap QB?  I don't know many RB's that could have thrived behind this OL and QB.  Cadillac is the least of our worries as we all know what the kid can do when given the opportunity - he did not wake up one morning and forget to know how to run.

#9 : December 24, 2006, 12:26:03 PM

- Gruden out, and then bring in Mike Martz and let Monte still run the defense of course.

- Make Simms our #1, Rattay our #2, and Grads our #3 or - release him all together.

- Trade Cadillac Williams for maybe a 2nd rounder(seen enough of what this guy can do), and then draft Adrian Peterson who is going to be a superstar which is something we haven't had in that position.

- Pickup Dwight Freeney and another key free agent linebacker if possible.

- Pickup or trade for a good veteran wide reciever.

Hmmmm.........Interesting!!

he did not wake up one morning and forget to know how to run.

Caddy also isn't gonna wake up one morning and learn how to catch.

#10 : December 24, 2006, 12:33:27 PM

Peterson is and will be a stud and if we pass on him then; next year it will be Caddy up the middle for 2-3 yards while stumbling over his own 2 feet, and Adrian Peterson scores yet another touchdown with 100+ yards rushing for Detroit or whomever.  [banghead]

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 24, 2006, 12:33:37 PM

Caddy has proven he is injury prone and is really no better than Pittman as far as finding holes, and Peterson is going to be a superstar pretty quickly in my opinion ala' Reggie Bush(and the Bucs have never had that dominating type player back there).

Did you just call Reggie Bush a Superstar?

#12 : December 24, 2006, 12:35:57 PM

Ummmm yeah pretty much; after dude has seen the endzone a few times this year and burned our ass badly on that kickoff earlier this year.  :-

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 24, 2006, 12:43:25 PM

Chrispy-you are crazy, Peterson would look horrible behind this offensive line. Any RB would look horrible behind this offensive line.Here's what I would lke to see in 2007.

-Bill Muir fired and homeless.

-Sign quality Defensive Free Agents: Adalious Thomas,Lance Briggs, Asante Samuel or Ken Hamlin. I'd be happy with at least two of these guys, if they hit the open market.

-Hopefully Monte Kiffin changes up his defense and gets out of the Cover 2 more often and shows offenses different looks.

-Draft Calvin Johnson with the #3 pick.

-Trade Simeon Rice (if he refuses to rework his contract) for at least a 3rd round pick.

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 24, 2006, 12:44:05 PM

chrispy-Reggie has nothing on Pepsi Machine

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For '07 I would love to see........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools