Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fantasy Defense by Committe. « previous next »
Page: 1

kmitchell

Starter

: August 29, 2008, 05:13:40 PM

I have been in a 14 team league for 3 years now, and I thought of a good idea last year. We have a 16 round draft, with 14 teams so most respectable players will be drafted. Take a defense in round 9 or 10, hopefully you can get a top 3, then draft 2 more defenses in the 14th and 15th round, with a kicker in the 16th. The idea behind the FDBC is that you can play the matchups until one of your defenses turns out to be the most dominant. Say if you have the Vikings, Bucs, and Jaguars, just keep starting the one that has to play the falcons, raiders, dolphins, ravens, etc.

I think there is better value in getting depth in good defenses than there is in taking a #6 or #7 WR in the 14th round. Only draft players that you think have a realistic chance of cracking your lineup.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 29, 2008, 05:30:26 PM

I guess so, but I rather fill my roster with RBs and WRs that could be sleepers then have 3 DSTs on my roster.  I usually draft just one Defense that has a late bye and ride them out.  The Bucs are on my radar for this year.  I should be able to get them in the last or close to last round.  (10 teams, 15 rounds). 

When the time comes I need a defense, I will pick one up from the waivor wire and play the match-up games.....

Not a bad idea if you have a lot of spots...but if you only have 15...I rather have a WR, RB....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fantasy Defense by Committe. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools