Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAME PLAN for BENGALS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 10, 2006, 11:58:27 PM

Mons Venus

WHODAYton

Practice Squad

#16 : October 11, 2006, 12:37:58 AM

To be honest, yes, Cincinnati has a problematic D line. So running is going to be your one and only chance.

I have never watched a Tampa Bay game so I don't know anything about your team...but I will offer this advice... Don't pass the ball a lot.

Remember, were were #1 in the league last year in turnovers, most of which came from interceptions. I don't know where we rank right now, and frankly I am too lazy to look it up...but I know we are up there for this year as well.

You start turning the ball over and the game is finished for you.

Yes, we have a potent offence and chances are if you see the Bengals go into their "No Huddle" they probably gonna put points on the board.

That being said, Good Luck to both teams and may the better be the victor.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 11, 2006, 12:44:13 AM

To be honest, yes, Cincinnati has a problematic D line. So running is going to be your one and only chance.

I have never watched a Tampa Bay game so I don't know anything about your team...but I will offer this advice... Don't pass the ball a lot.

Remember, were were #1 in the league last year in turnovers, most of which came from interceptions. I don't know where we rank right now, and frankly I am too lazy to look it up...but I know we are up there for this year as well.

You start turning the ball over and the game is finished for you.

Yes, we have a potent offence and chances are if you see the Bengals go into their "No Huddle" they probably gonna put points on the board.

That being said, Good Luck to both teams and may the better be the victor.

Kiss our Lombardi while you are rippin' them, would ya?

Idiot.

If the Bucs beat dem Bengholes, I suspect we won't be seeing much of ya, will we?

Either way, go find a nice hole to play in, and remember them Kenny Anderson days...

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#18 : October 11, 2006, 12:47:03 AM

"I have never watched a Tampa Bay game so I don't know anything about your team...but I will offer this advice... Don't pass the ball a lot." - WHODAYton

Um, why the heck are you even on our Boards if you've never watched any games, what's motivating you to come here and talk smack?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 11, 2006, 12:48:07 AM

"I have never watched a Tampa Bay game so I don't know anything about your team...but I will offer this advice... Don't pass the ball a lot." - WHODAYton

Um, why the heck are you even on our Boards if you've never watched any games, what's motivating you to come here and talk smack?

His desire to stay awake past curfew, obviously.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 11, 2006, 08:56:06 AM

Offense:  Use the same gameplan that was used in the NO game.  Lots of misdirection and a mixture of short, intermediate and deep passes.  Stay with the running game where the play action is very effective with a QB like Grads who can take off at any given time.  Spread the ball around to Carnell, Clayton, Smith, Galloway, Ike and Stovall so the defense will have a hard time focusing on who to shut down.

Defense:  Use a lot more run blitzes and blitzes in general with Ronde, Nece, Brooks and Quarles/Ruud.  Must maintain gap discipline and shut down the run first.  Once that is done it will take away the Bengals ability to have a balanced offense.  Palmer can make plays even if he has to throw for the majority of the game but it makes it easier for the defense to try to stop him or slow him down if that is the case.  Becuase another 100+ rushing day would really give the edge to the Bengals and Palmer and he will proceed to torch the Bucs D with play action passes.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#21 : October 11, 2006, 08:58:06 AM

strong steady dosage of our offense and a killer outing by our defense and we can have a chance but if one side of the ball doesn't come to play sunday there will be no chance

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 11, 2006, 09:04:22 AM

The Bucs will need all three sides of the ball to come the party to even think about recording their first win of the year.  Special teams has to help out in some way.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 11, 2006, 09:09:34 AM

1.)  The Bengals are one of the best offenses in football.  Before their injuries they had probably the best OLine in the game, a 1400 yard back, a top 5 QB, and a top 5 WR.  Zampese is one of the best offensive minds in the game.  This is a solid, professional offense top to bottom.  Their D is not much with several key injuries/suspensions, but they live off turnovers.  

2.)  As bad as the D was, they still only gave up 17 points, 7 of which was caused by the turnover by BG.  In the Carolina game they had 3 fumbles and set us up for the scoring chances we had.  They aren't the 99 D, but they are haning in there as best as they can with their core talent getting old fast.  Booger needs to step up, as does Hovan who has been a massive disappointment this year.

3.)  All that being said, the ONLY way we win this is to keep the Bengals off the field by running the ball early and often.  The game plan has to be for a minimum of 40 runs regardless of the score.  We will not beat these guys throwing the ball 35 times.  Not with a ball hawking secondary and a game for Lewis to see BG on film, which NO didn't have.  JG will be covered well, and quite frankly a short pass to the TE or the now worthless Clayton is a lower % play in terms of yards and turnover potential than a simple run off tackle with Cadillac/Pittman/Alstott.

4.)  Use the heat of RJS to our advantage!!!  It is getting cold in OH, and the Bengals are not used to Tampa.  They have dark uniforms.  IF the Bucs play Buc Ball and run early and often, this will pay off in the 4th.  

5.)  Think 98 vs. Minn in Tampa.  That was a masterful offensive game plan.  Run the ball, play action pass, QB draws, and use the crowd.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 11, 2006, 09:42:58 AM

What the heck are you going ape about? There was nothing inflammatory in his post. He doesn't watch the Bucs but do you watcha ton of Bengals games? Calm down, jesus we get someone not flaming and people go bonkers.

And sorry about my profile name...

But "TampaBaySucksAndIsZeroAndFour" was already taken.

Is that flame enough for ya Dal, or is that just too polite? ::)

Please.  I guess I should give this guy a break because he ONLY said that.  Well, that is good then, because all I said was he can kiss the Bucs Lombardi... 8)

Now YOU go calm down, and let this guy post stuff like that.  I prefer to take the "Don't dish if you can't take" approach.  Don't get all high and mighty on me man.

WHODAYton

Practice Squad

#25 : October 11, 2006, 09:54:00 AM

Well, I only said the "TampaBay...blah, blah, blah..." because of the comment above mine in that post...

And honestly...about the Lombardi comment?

Steelers fans have been bragging about their 5 Lombardi's...and look where they are this year.

So having one of them isn't doing a lot for ya, huh?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 11, 2006, 09:56:57 AM

Well, I only said the "TampaBay...blah, blah, blah..." because of the comment above mine in that post...

And honestly...about the Lombardi comment?

Steelers fans have been bragging about their 5 Lombardi's...and look where they are this year.

So having one of them isn't doing a lot for ya, huh?
Sure is.  It is keeping my team in the history books.

How about that Joe Montana, huh?

Who dat?

AS for the Steelers, didn't they get on elast year?  Man, you have a serioulsly short memory.  They are the defending champs, irregardless of their record.  Who day?  Dey da champs. [banghead]

#27 : October 11, 2006, 10:00:20 AM

The gameplan for the Bengals?  I think it has to be run the ball.  Run the ball.  Run the ball.  I'm a homer, so I think our classic defense is still lurking there behind this haze of suck, so maybe we could put together a full 4-quarter game on the defensive side of the ball?  Maybe our defense could cause some turnovers?

WHODAYton

Practice Squad

#28 : October 11, 2006, 10:04:44 AM

How exactly is my memory short?

Yes I know they won one last year...hence the 5 trophys.

And as we keep telling them, it doesn't matter if you won it all last year....this is this year.

As they have proven, like many teams in the past...just because you won it last go around, it doesn't give you a free pass in the current year.

And BTW. "Irregardless"?

try "Regardless".

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 11, 2006, 10:12:18 AM

How exactly is my memory short?

Yes I know they won one last year...hence the 5 trophys.

And as we keep telling them, it doesn't matter if you won it all last year....this is this year.

As they have proven, like many teams in the past...just because you won it last go around, it doesn't give you a free pass in the current year.

And BTW. "Irregardless"?

try "Regardless".

How about I stick with my adverb, and you stick with "Whoday"?  Cool with you?

Pronunciation: "ir-i-'gärd-l&s
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
nonstandard : REGARDLESS
usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: GAME PLAN for BENGALS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools