Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What No Props for Phillips « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nick77777

Pro Bowler

: December 24, 2006, 05:37:35 PM

Oh come on now, Phillips intercepts two passes today, and not one person wants to say congrats? thats pretty messed up it shows people only look for the bad. He misses a tackle and it seems like there is a post up 2 seconds later about it. he makes two interceptions and nothin.  Well here i am the one person who thinks this kid could be great sayin Congrads Phillips.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 24, 2006, 05:38:22 PM

Because one game does not erase a season of inepitude. Does anybody want Phillips back starting next year?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 24, 2006, 05:41:05 PM

Because one game does not erase a season of inepitude. Does anybody want Phillips back starting next year?

Nope.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 24, 2006, 05:41:56 PM

It figures he would show up right at the end to give some doubt to the FO about whether to get a replacement.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 24, 2006, 05:48:42 PM

Jermaine Phillips is pitiful. Props??? No shot, Phillips is a bum and has been all season long...

Baghead #2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 24, 2006, 05:49:58 PM

This game made our D look good, which it is not.

Warning: Playing against Cleveland can be very deceiving when trying to evaluate your team.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 24, 2006, 06:09:52 PM

i dunno...i still think phillips is a good player...hes played the best out of the 2 safeties this year...imo the person we need to replace is will allen, give me reggie nelson or laron landry and we'd be fine...it's hard to play your zone when your consistantly playing man coverage because our front four cannot get any pressure at all

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 24, 2006, 07:34:48 PM

Phillips is a serviceable safety for this defensive scheme.  I have to tip my hat for his performance today.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 24, 2006, 08:53:19 PM

Phillips hasn't been the weak link this year its been Will allen watch your film.....you all say he sucks obviously you dont watch any film at all.  you watch the game which gives you a zoomed up view and you dont see that he is mostly covering will allens butt, the touchdown last week against us, when phillips got beat by there TE, will allen was suppose to be playin center field that play should have never happened. second the one where there TE got hit by Will allen in the end zone was will allens man phillips was zoned shallow for the flat, and yea he started out slow just like the whole team did, but watch your film and see how many they scored off phillips compared to Will allen, Allen is the weak link. phillips was third on the team with 92 tackles this year, if im not mistaken that is more than lynch has (68)  the only reason you all dont like phillips is cause he took over for Lynch, give the man a break he shouldnt have to be playin man hes a zone safety, and this year he hasnt been able to play zone cause they keep bringin him up in the box to stop the run.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 24, 2006, 08:54:59 PM

He and Will Allen have to go...and quickly...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 24, 2006, 09:03:30 PM

and no offense to Lynch but how did he make the pro bowl with 68 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 4 pass defense, 1 forced fumble?  if im not mistaken phillips has 94 tackles, 2 interceptions, 7 pass defense, 1 sack, and 5 forced fumbles, if lynch made it then i think phillips should get considered. i mean the kid has more everything then lynch, and he hits almost just like lynch.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 24, 2006, 09:18:54 PM

Phillips should be starting next season. He had a good year. Will Allen on the other hand disappointingly sucks :( .

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 24, 2006, 09:19:23 PM

Great Performance by Jermaine Phillips today, so for that I congratulate him, but it still doesnt erase his relentless inadequacy this season.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Bucnation619

Second String

#13 : December 24, 2006, 09:21:26 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Bucs won!!  Phillips is BBBBBBAAAALLLLIIIINNN

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#14 : December 24, 2006, 09:22:21 PM

Phillips has stepped up his play recently.  I have been impressed with him the last few weeks.  He made some plays today, and that was nice to see.  But we need to remember something.  We played Cleveland.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What No Props for Phillips « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools