Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What No Props for Phillips « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#15 : December 24, 2006, 09:25:29 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Bucs won!! Phillips is BBBBBBAAAALLLLIIIINNN
OMG--not this guy again!  Do they celebrate Christmas on your planet?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 24, 2006, 09:30:16 PM

He stepped up all season, yea he blew some coverage, but so did ronde, so did will allen, hell even brooks has been missin some coverage. the guy is in to make tackles and is always around the ball. ive been impressed all season with him, and a safety with 90 something tackles is impressive.

Buc31

Starter

#17 : December 24, 2006, 09:56:55 PM

Phillips and Allen should be cut!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 24, 2006, 09:58:50 PM

Hey Nick, where do you watch your game film?

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 24, 2006, 10:09:00 PM

Because one game does not erase a season of inepitude. Does anybody want Phillips back starting next year?

He and Will Allen have to go...and quickly...

Et tu Chev?
Allen is Young.  04 no starts.  Last year he had 8 starts, his first year starting at all.  This is his first year as "the" starter, and he's doing it with a new coach.  The entire secondary is underperforming, for various reasons, and people are digging into the guy least able to handle a change of coaches.
3 years in the league, 2 different coaches.  Looked pretty good last year when the D was good as a unit, looks bad now like most of our D does.  He deserves more of a shot, he's got talent.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : December 24, 2006, 10:10:31 PM

PR said in the game grades that Allen needed to be replaced.

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 24, 2006, 10:11:33 PM

PR said in the game grades that Allen needed to be replaced.
I'll have to disagree with them then.  Hope I don't get banned...

:P

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#22 : December 24, 2006, 10:20:29 PM

Probably not. ;)

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 24, 2006, 10:22:11 PM

Because one game does not erase a season of inepitude. Does anybody want Phillips back starting next year?

He and Will Allen have to go...and quickly...

Et tu Chev?
Allen is Young. 04 no starts. Last year he had 8 starts, his first year starting at all. This is his first year as "the" starter, and he's doing it with a new coach. The entire secondary is underperforming, for various reasons, and people are digging into the guy least able to handle a change of coaches.
3 years in the league, 2 different coaches. Looked pretty good last year when the D was good as a unit, looks bad now like most of our D does. He deserves more of a shot, he's got talent.

Allens got alot of talent-- what folks here dont realize is that your safeties in this sytem will get burnt if the front four does npt pressure-- they pressured today and our secondary played great. long time fans realize this and it takes 2 years to get the zone nuances down-- people seem to forget how bad Lynch looked when he was a youngin in this system. The he learned to play center field and instictively break to theball and it made him one of the better safeties in the game. Allen needs some more time-- he was great last year and led the safeties in turnovers and passes defensed in just 8 games--the front four was also getting constant pressures then as well.

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#24 : December 24, 2006, 10:45:04 PM

where do i get my film lets just say im intering somewhere, and have access to the film.  Phillips is not goin anywhere, the kid is on the ferge of breakin lynchs single season tackles mark, which by the way lynch has only had two 100 tackle seasons.  phillips is still young, and he is improving with each game. we might be in  search for a safety next year but it will be a free safety, yes will allen is improving but he does not have the speed nessecary to be a safety here, he is the one who gets burnt.  Phillips is having a pro bowl like season compared to lynch.  i love lynch dont get me wrong but he is not havin the best of seasons this year and he also has been burnt on an occasion or two

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 24, 2006, 10:55:52 PM

So Jermaine shows up one time this year and actually earns his paycheck and you want us to say Great Job??  How bout all the stupid missed tackles or dropped INT's he has for the past 14 games?  One game means nothing as this is the NFL and big time players make plays all the time.  Jermaine had a good game today but it was against the Browns - who cares.  I for one am tired of seeing his stupid butt dancing and acting like a fool during warm-ups only to get burned during the game.  There are not many players on this team that can talk the talk and walk the walk but Jermaine and Will are at the bottom of the list with Gradsuckski, Mahan and Kenyatta.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#26 : December 24, 2006, 10:59:15 PM

A
He stepped up all season, yea he blew some coverage, but so did ronde, so did will allen, hell even brooks has been missin some coverage. the guy is in to make tackles and is always around the ball. ive been impressed all season with him, and a safety with 90 something tackles is impressive.

Phillips has played well as of late and he did have his best game so far against Cleveland, but do not forget that the reason for his 90+ tackles is that the defense has been short of bad many times this year and when running backs get to the second level very often, the safety will usually be the one to take him down. Phillips has dissappointed and whiffed on way to many tackles for me to want him to start at SS.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 24, 2006, 11:03:59 PM

Half the people here watch a totally different game then I watch. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

#28 : December 24, 2006, 11:25:45 PM

Oh come on now, Phillips intercepts two passes today, and not one person wants to say congrats? thats pretty messed up it shows people only look for the bad. He misses a tackle and it seems like there is a post up 2 seconds later about it. he makes two interceptions and nothin.  Well here i am the one person who thinks this kid could be great sayin Congrads Phillips.

The second int was a good play, the first was luck.  He was still tackling like my grandma.

#29 : December 24, 2006, 11:32:53 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Bucs won!! Phillips is BBBBBBAAAALLLLIIIINNN
Oh God....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What No Props for Phillips « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools