Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What No Props for Phillips « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#30 : December 24, 2006, 11:38:02 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Bucs won!! Phillips is BBBBBBAAAALLLLIIIINNN
Oh God....
Hi, RJ. See what you missed?

nick77777

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 25, 2006, 12:53:24 AM

ok again its not always a running back gettin to the second level he plays the run better then alot of safteys in this league. he missed tackles? who hasnt this year and the kid has 90 tackles and you all are callin for his head? yea he got burnt acouple of times but damn hes a safety covering a wide reciever thats not suppose to happen, he only got burnt by one te this year and that was the bears te.  i think you all blame him but really you should point to will allen who is suppose to be playin center field when phillips is covering someone.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 25, 2006, 12:57:40 AM

This is all about looking for gold in a silver mine.

One good game does not a player make.

Sort of like Rattay, which I predicted.  I think Rattay winds up on the market nextyear, because he isn;t all that good.  Same with Phillips.

Both are backup quality guys, and should remain as such.

Good game for JP, but it isn;t enough.  If it takes him this long to perform versus a very crummy group of Browns, I will think his next great performance will be due in about a season and a half....

Phillips is not going to be judged because of ninety tackles, but becuase of his lack of instincts as a safety.  Sure, he can tackle.  But his tackles are usually after a nice gain anyway...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 25, 2006, 10:15:29 AM

ok again its not always a running back gettin to the second level he plays the run better then alot of safteys in this league. he missed tackles? who hasnt this year and the kid has 90 tackles and you all are callin for his head? yea he got burnt acouple of times but damn hes a safety covering a wide reciever thats not suppose to happen, he only got burnt by one te this year and that was the bears te. i think you all blame him but really you should point to will allen who is suppose to be playin center field when phillips is covering someone.

Why do you feel it has to be only one?  I agree if we replace only one it should be Allen, but the reality is we should replace both.  Phillips has been better late in the year but has not done enough to retain his job.  My biggest problem is not the lack of INTs or even his coverage.  My biggest problem with him is bad angles and bad tackling.  The safety is generally the last line of defense and if you square up a RB and still miss at the rate he misses, then you should not be on the field.

I will say the same thing about Will Allen.  However, Allen is overmatched physically out there whereas Phillips has the physical talent to dominate.  Saying that Allen is worse is not an acceptable argument for keeping Phillips.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 25, 2006, 11:53:51 AM

If the Bucs have to replace one it has to be Phillips not Allen. 

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 25, 2006, 01:29:54 PM

and no offense to Lynch but how did he make the pro bowl with 68 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 interceptions, 4 pass defense, 1 forced fumble?  if im not mistaken phillips has 94 tackles, 2 interceptions, 7 pass defense, 1 sack, and 5 forced fumbles, if lynch made it then i think phillips should get considered. i mean the kid has more everything then lynch, and he hits almost just like lynch.

how did lynch make the pro bowl?  how did Randall McDaniel make the pro bowl duirng his swan song here?  LOL!  name recognition and seniority goes a long way in pro bowl voting.  it just goes to show you how much brooks has fallen off that he is no longer given the same benefit of the doubt that lynch continues to get with the pro bowl. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What No Props for Phillips « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools