Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shop Clayton in the off-season « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Orangegone1

Starter

: December 24, 2006, 11:09:54 PM

What is the trade value for Clayton? Maybe the Dolphins and N.Saban might be interested just because of their ties at LSU. Possession receivers must have good hands and that is enough of a reason to get rid of him. He is injury prone and with Stoval and and any mid-round pick, we could find another possession receiver. We need another speed receiver. Would a team offer a 3rd round pick for him?

#1 : December 24, 2006, 11:13:19 PM

a 3rd? i can't see it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 24, 2006, 11:14:49 PM

What is the trade value for Clayton? Maybe the Dolphins and N.Saban might be interested just because of their ties at LSU. Possession receivers must have good hands and that is enough of a reason to get rid of him. He is injury prone and with Stoval and and any mid-round pick, we could find another possession receiver. We need another speed receiver. Would a team offer a 3rd round pick for him?

If a team offered a third for him the Bucs would have to serioulsy consider it even if they believe Clayton can turn it around.  In my  opinion ship out the old guys out first.  Then if need be ship out the young guys that are not producing. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 24, 2006, 11:16:11 PM

It's sad that we would consider trading a guy we took with a high first round pick just a couple of years ago for a 3rd rounder.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 24, 2006, 11:23:00 PM

First of all Michael Clayton is not getting traded - he is our Starting WR oppostite Galloway.  Hilliard and Stovall did not beat him out and he will be just fine.  Wow, you guys give up on a player that showed flashes of being a player in this league but yet you make excuses for a sorry player by the name of Gradkowski?

#5 : December 24, 2006, 11:27:33 PM

It's sad that we would consider trading a guy we took with a high first round pick just a couple of years ago for a 3rd rounder.

He was a mid 1st rounder, but I don't agree with trading him this soon either.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 24, 2006, 11:30:26 PM

First of all Michael Clayton is not getting traded - he is our Starting WR oppostite Galloway.  Hilliard and Stovall did not beat him out and he will be just fine.  Wow, you guys give up on a player that showed flashes of being a player in this league but yet you make excuses for a sorry player by the name of Gradkowski?

There is no guarantee that Clayton will not be traded.  He is the starting WR opposite Galloway for the 2006 season.  But I can not say with certainty that he will be a starter in 2007.  Hilliard and Stovall in my opinion never had the oppurtunity to beat him out.  Simply becuase he was given the oppurtunity to try to turn it around. He showed flashes of brilliance but also dissapointment.  Excuses for Gradkowski is fair considering he is not a first round pick and a rookie.  I like Clayton and I have defended him but he is in his third year in the league and will be heading to his fourth.  Lets hope he slims down to his old playing weight to regain some of his luster. JMO.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 24, 2006, 11:33:15 PM

Clayton is far from a bust as this whole team is a bust this year so to hold Clayton to this level of what he should have done is just plain stupid.  Galloway has dropped more balls than Clayton yet everybody is on his nuts - please.  Clayton still has a chance to be a very good WR in this league so don't judge him any more than anybody else is judged.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 24, 2006, 11:40:05 PM

Clayton is far from a bust as this whole team is a bust this year so to hold Clayton to this level of what he should have done is just plain stupid. 

I disagree.  The team last year went 11-5 and Clayton had a down year last year as well.

Galloway has dropped more balls than Clayton yet everybody is on his nuts - please.

There are plenty of WR's that have dropped more than Clayton.  With that said Clayton has not made enough plays compared to those players with more drops.  He  is not explosive with the playing weight he played with this season.   '

Clayton still has a chance to be a very good WR in this league so don't judge him any more than anybody else is judged.

I agree.  But if a team is offering a third round pick for him at this point that has to be considered regardless if you think he can or can not come back to his rookie form.

#9 : December 24, 2006, 11:58:19 PM

They showed a graphic on the game today and we have 31 dropped passes.  Wonder how many belong to #80!?!?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 25, 2006, 12:09:26 AM

They showed a graphic on the game today and we have 31 dropped passes.  Wonder how many belong to #80!?!?

Clayton does not have many dropped passes compared to Galloway (then again you have to factor in pass attempts as well).  But when both of your starting WR's have issues with the dropsies no matter how you slice it that is not good.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 25, 2006, 12:11:17 AM

I would bet Galloway, Williams and maybe even Alex Smith have more drops than Clayton.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : December 25, 2006, 12:21:01 AM

How do you go from ROY runner up to what he is now? And Caddy--ROY?  Is it on the o-line?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 25, 2006, 12:41:58 AM

The good thing about CLayton is, he is a support wide out, and will not cost much to resign.  His performance will assure his massive payday is no longer existent.  He will either sign a short term, low pay deal, or an incentive laden one.

Either way, it doesn;t hurt the Bucs at all.  If Clayton achieves his incentive goals, good for us...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 25, 2006, 12:44:45 AM

In other news:

Rams | S. Jackson breaks 2,000 yards from scrimmage
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:19:12 -0800

The Associated Press reports St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson ran for 150 yards on 33 carries and had 102 receiving yards on six catches during the Week 16 game. Jackson's 252-yard day allowed him to become the team's first 2,000-yard player since RB Marshall Faulk in 2001. Jackson became the team's only player to get 100 yards rushing and receiving in a game. With 88 catches on the season, Jackson broke Faulk's franchise record set in 1999.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shop Clayton in the off-season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools