Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young is simply unbelievable!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: December 25, 2006, 12:55:33 AM

This guy wins the rookie of the year, in a year full of many decent rookie players. 
He seems to be playing at a totally different level than every one else?!  When he scrambles, it seems as if anyone can catch him, yet they don't?  Maybe it's his stature, but he just doesn't seem to be running that fast.  If I had to pick a QB to compare him to, it would be Elway.  The guy can sramble, has a great arm, is obviously a great leader, and of course, just goes out and win, win, win! 
I was in Houston on business after the Titans beat the Texans, and the local television station was interviewing the G.M. on how bad he felt that the guy they past up on draft day came in and beat them on their field; he had no comment!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 25, 2006, 01:03:16 AM

Young is playing with trash, and making it all work.

As a rookie QB, he has accelerated his learning curve so quickly it is scary, IMO.

I expect great things from this man, and I was definitely one of his detractors.

Good for him.  The NFL needs guys like this, it makes the league that much better.  I can't wait to see the Bucs crush them!!!

#2 : December 25, 2006, 01:04:35 AM

I definitely agree with you Guru.... when he's running he doesn't seem to be going that fast yet he's pulling away from everyone. Must be the long stride.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 25, 2006, 01:08:08 AM

Young is playing with trash, and making it all work.

As a rookie QB, he has accelerated his learning curve so quickly it is scary, IMO.

I expect great things from this man, and I was definitely one of his detractors.

Good for him. The NFL needs guys like this, it makes the league that much better. I can't wait to see the Bucs crush them!!!

I'll agree with all this.  I was a detractor also, and thought his learning curve would keep him for being effective for a few years.  He has definitely proven otherwise as he has single-handedly turned that team around and has a crappy team that started 0-5 in playoff contention in the AFC.  Gotta tip my hat to the guy.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#4 : December 25, 2006, 02:55:53 AM

He out-Vicks Michael Vick.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 25, 2006, 06:29:37 AM

I gotta tip my hat to Vince Young. Before the draft, I thought he was one of the definite busts of the 1st Round, but hes quickly proving me wrong.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 25, 2006, 06:37:15 AM

I haven't seen him play yet.   Is he really as good a passer as Elway?   Elway was one of the best pure passers I've ever seen.   

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 25, 2006, 07:06:44 AM

As a passer, he is just like most rookies. But as a leader, he obviously gets his teamates to really behind him. Unlike Vick who uses unbelievable speed to get by players, Young actually looks like he has some field awareness and knows where the DBs and LBs are. That alone makes him better than Vick. The thing now is when will he get better as a passer.

On another note, with Young looking like the next McNair for Tennessee, the AFC adds another top tier QB. Its no surprise that they are so much better than their NFC counterparts. Only few NFC teams can truly say they have a top tier QB.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 25, 2006, 07:52:05 AM

Well he won't do very well remember his wonderlic score, it proved he is stupid, that is why the other teams passed him up.  He won't be able to "think" out there right. Oh yeah, I forgot that he is a "football player" not a nuclear physicist...........the guy will be one of a kind.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#9 : December 25, 2006, 09:39:44 AM

He's definitely showing more flashes of ability, and I don't think anyone can argue with the leadership this guy has brought to the team.  It just drives me crazy when someone says "All he does is win", just like it did when people tried to say that about Vick when he would have a horrible game and his team would win inspite of it.

Tenn 24, Jax 17
8/15 53.3% 85 yrds 0 TDs 0 INTs ; 4 rushes, 4 yards; 3 sacks

Tenn 31, Phil 13
8/22 36.4% 101 yrds 1 TDs 0 INTs; 6 rushes, 49 yards; 3 sacks

However, I think Young is going to get better.  I'm just leary of annointing young QBs with great wins and titles before they have a chance to hit their prime.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#10 : December 25, 2006, 09:49:55 AM

I'm always skeptical on proclaiming rookies the next great thing. He has the ability certainly to make plays with his feet, and does seem to be a good field general out there. But I'm not ready to call him Elway just yet. He has had a couple of very good games don't get me wrong on that. Then again, so has Gradkowski, or so have many QB's. But, I will say that he does enspire confidence in his team and is great at leading them to victory. If the Titans can maintain their RB nucleus (their running attack is one of the best in the NFL currently) and continue to improve hteir D - it should give Youngthe talent around him to flourish.

I don't think he'll ever be the QB that tosses 3600 yard and 26 TD+ per season, but he looks like he can just go out there and win games.

#11 : December 25, 2006, 10:24:56 AM

he is like vick, but seems to be good at quarterbacking at least

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 25, 2006, 10:54:41 AM

What must the fans and officials be thinking in Houston? They passed on Bush AND Young. Then I heard yesterday that former Texans GM Charlie Casserly is in the mix for the Giants GM job. That's an impressive resume -- passed on two superstars for years to come.
Oh, and he also drafted Heath Shuler. This guy has been involved with more busts than Hugh Hefner!  ;D

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 25, 2006, 11:46:16 AM

Temper you excitement, he is a rookie. While the Titans are winning, I think once defenses limit what Young can do, he may fall into the Vick category. Young has a great upside but I haven't seen enough to annoint him to Canton just yet. He still has trouble reading defenses, and can't make all his throws yet. He is a exciting player, but I won't annoint him to Canton yet.

#14 : December 25, 2006, 12:16:24 PM

"Vince Young is simply unbelievable"!!

Yes.........I know.  ;D  ;)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Vince Young is simply unbelievable!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools