Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you guys think of Mike Williams? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: December 25, 2006, 02:00:26 AM

I think he may be cut by Detroit. Is he worth the risk? He is still young and he has talent. Maybe coming back to Tampa would give him the boost he needs. We could use a young WR and I would hate to use a draft pick on one unless Clavin Johnson is as good as we all think. And if he is, a Clayton, Williams and Johnson combination is interesting.

I think he would be worth taking a look at.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 25, 2006, 02:06:55 AM

I think he may be cut by Detroit. Is he worth the risk? He is still young and he has talent. Maybe coming back to Tampa would give him the boost he needs. We could use a young WR and I would hate to use a draft pick on one unless Clavin Johnson is as good as we all think. And if he is, a Clayton, Williams and Johnson combination is interesting.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 25, 2006, 02:12:06 AM

I don't think of Mike Williams.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#3 : December 25, 2006, 02:54:13 AM

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : December 25, 2006, 09:54:39 AM

I think the same thing of him as I do of Charlie Rogers. Too much talent not to have a real look at.

Charles by the way is one of the main reasons I'm being cautious about Calvin Johnson.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 25, 2006, 09:56:39 AM

I'd look at Mike Williams in training camp ala David Boston, but I wouldn't expect anything out of him. 

bucshot224

Second String

#6 : December 25, 2006, 10:23:58 AM

Sure it'd be nice to have him. He probably won't do much, but he'd be nice. It all depends on if he'll come at the right price. But taking him because we missed out on CJ is not the right thing to do.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

FlexXVI

Second String
#7 : December 25, 2006, 10:36:57 AM

Williams should have caught that ball at the end of the game.  I don't think the Lions are gonna let him go, and even if they did, I think we need another speed receiver over another possesion type like Hilliard, Clayton, and Stovall.

#8 : December 25, 2006, 10:41:34 AM

He cost Detroit a win yesterday.  If his butt is all that, he makes that catch in the end zone....wasn't an easy grab, but for all the crotch-nuzzling around this clown, he should have had it.  We need WR's that we can rely on to make the catch.  Besides, we have our own version of MW right now in #80.

I'll pass.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 25, 2006, 10:46:13 AM

Agree with that Prefer and Flex. Williams had the ball right in his hands at the end for a sure TD and dropped it. He was a good 6 inches taller than Hester and looked like an easy TD for a guy that was supposed to be a big-time receiver. Plus, I think the announcers said that was the 4th or 5th pass he'd dropped in that game. That's what you're paid big money for. If the Bucs want to look at him in training camp, that's fine, but expectations are extremely low from me.

#10 : December 25, 2006, 10:49:49 AM

As intense as we know that Rod is, one has to wonder how long he'll put up with MW.  I recall so many here frothing at the mouth for us to draft MW.....in the end, we got a much less expensive version in Clayton.

#11 : December 25, 2006, 11:00:51 AM

As intense as we know that Rod is, one has to wonder how long he'll put up with MW.  I recall so many here frothing at the mouth for us to draft MW.....in the end, we got a much less expensive version in Clayton.

At least Clayton produced his rookie season, the injuries and revolving QBs have zapped his confidence.  MW has just been a lazy head case. . .no thanks.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 25, 2006, 11:40:09 AM

him is a Bum ;D ;D ;D

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 25, 2006, 12:56:26 PM

Who is Mike Williams??  Is he the soon to be Assistant Manager at McDonalds?  Heard he will be working under Larry Brackins as Brackins just received a promotion to Head Cook due to his great talent.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 25, 2006, 01:22:50 PM

we didn't take him because we questioned his attitude and work ethic two years ago.  he certainly hasn't done anything since then to change his reputation. 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you guys think of Mike Williams? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools