Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What should we do in the Offseason « previous next »
Page: 1

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

: December 25, 2006, 07:58:29 AM

Draft Joe Thomas at left tackle and try Anthony Davis at left guard with a healed Dan Buening.  We have 2 second round picks which should be used to shore up the defensive line - take the 2 best tackles, ends, or combination thereof available. In rounds 3 and 4 draft safety, lb, cb, special teams. Rounds 5-7 everybody's searching for needle in the haystack talent at whatever position.
For free agency sign a veteran QB while bringing back Simms and Gradkowski. Target Briggs or another high profile play maker on DEFENSE. Maybe sign an available DT ...although I haven't heard of any special ones becoming available in free agency next year.
It all starts up front for us. The lines must be rebuilt and fixed before we know to what extent what else needs to be tweaked.

bucshot224

Second String

#1 : December 25, 2006, 10:42:18 AM

Uh.....we know. There's 157 other threads about this.

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 25, 2006, 07:36:05 PM

I know I've been reading them. Some ideas out there are solid and I kinda grouped together the ones i felt were best. Just was interested in some feedback - but it is rehashed material.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 25, 2006, 07:52:41 PM

sign GARCIA!

bucshot224

Second String

#4 : December 25, 2006, 07:55:46 PM

sign GARCIA!
As a BACKUP!

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 25, 2006, 07:57:23 PM

sign GARCIA!
As a BACKUP!

nooooooo, as THE starter.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 25, 2006, 09:50:35 PM

I dont think we need to acquire 3 defensive tackles. Hovan is a stud.

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#7 : December 26, 2006, 05:25:17 AM

We need another end too to play with White. We need a solid tackle to go with Hovan, Briggs over Brooks on the weakside, start Ruud in the middle, replace safety Phillips or Allen (Blue Adams) - or both and start playing Zematis. Keep Brooks on the strongside as an on field general and coach when applicable. Garcia would be nice at the QB but there are a lot of veteran signal callers that Gruden may want (Mark Brunell?). Let Clayton and Carnell be. Davin and Jeremy are gelling but Wade is old...Walker is out, Davis will always give up a game changing play when you least expect it, and Buenning has struggled lately. Buenning should get one more shot but I've seen enough of Davis at the tackle slot...try him at gaurd or let him go. Let Muir go - he hasn't helped as much as he should've, ditto for Bassaca (sp?) the special teams coach.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 26, 2006, 12:16:24 PM

If we could sign Garcia, assuming that we resign Simms, I'd like a QB depth chart of Garcia, Simms, Rattay/Gradkowski.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 26, 2006, 01:07:47 PM

My off-season needs list -

#1 Pass Rushing Defensive End to replace Simeon (Freeney would be really, really nice, trade Simeon - preferably for a low one. Mr Dungy? Bruce Allen is calling....)
#2 Will LB to replace Brooks (Lance Briggs would be perfect - move Brooks to SAM)
#3 A Veteran Safety with experience playing the Tampa 2 to replace either Phillips or Allen (With two younger players back there this year, they were out of position the majority of the time).
#4 Veteran QB to compete with Simms (Plummer, Leftwhich or if available, Garcia would be nice here)
#5 Veteran Center to replace Wade (He allows too much push up the middle and Mahan sucks).
#6 Veteran Pass Catching Tight End to team with Alex Smith (Tony Gonzalez anyone?)
#7 Draft an LT HIGH (Joe Thomas definitely fits the bill - but his injury issues concern me)
#8 Draft a speed receiver high - preferably one who can return kicks and punts - we have enough Claytons and Stovalls - we need a new Galloway (Ginn, Jr would be nice if available in Rd2 or with the 2nd #1 we're going to get when we trade Simeon...at least I hope we get another one for Simeon)
#9 Draft a bruising RB in the Brandon Jacobs mode to replace Alstott as the short yardage back AND/OR a Speed back to compete with Caddy and give us some help on punt or kick returns.
#10 The rest of the draft for depth, depth, and more depth.

I know I left out DT but I like Wyms - I think he just needs to learn how to stay healthy.

We get these ten things in place, I truly believe the Bucs can do another turn around, competing for a division championship and hopefully this time sustain it.

#10 : December 26, 2006, 01:33:37 PM

DT is a need regardless of Wyms because we need depth.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#11 : December 26, 2006, 02:18:58 PM

In the unlikely event that Ginn is there on Rd 2 I agree otherwise a DT at this position is a must.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What should we do in the Offseason « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools