Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rattay's Performance « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#45 : December 25, 2006, 02:41:29 PM

In the postgame press conference, you could hear the frustration in Rattay's tone of voice. He knows that at the moment, he is essentially auditioning for being resigned. Had he been able to engineer a few more TD's, I think his position at Training Camp in the summer would have been assured. If he has a stellar game against the Seahawks, I'd expect him to get resigned.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 25, 2006, 05:30:48 PM

No shot Rattay could lead us to the playoffs this year and Garcia won't lead the Eagles to
the playoffs either.

This shows you're biased for whatever reason. Right now, Garcia IS leading his team into
a possible playoff position. Everybody can see that. Will they make it? We'll see. But he
is looking very good and we'd be crazy not to look at him next year.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#47 : December 25, 2006, 05:41:28 PM

SIGN GARCIA!

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#48 : December 25, 2006, 05:47:34 PM

Rattay continues to impress on me the opinion that this offense CAN work, and that if a QB with Rattay's abilities can do what he's currently doing with the offense, the team really needs to go out and get a dynamic QB who can get the most out of this offense.  Garcia would be an upgrade on Rattay to me.  I still would have loved to see the Bucs get Garcia for a year or two, and draft a high level QB prospect to groom behind him....but with Simms signing his deal, they probably won't do both of those things.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#49 : December 25, 2006, 05:52:16 PM

As Cville has noted, Garcia may be too expensive for us. Let's see what happens. He may want to come here.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 25, 2006, 06:31:54 PM

Garcia may be too expensive for us.

not if we spent the 5 million we wasted on Simms...

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#51 : December 25, 2006, 07:19:45 PM

Rattay is playing just as good as Garcia. it just go's to show you that a QB that can be effective 65% to 70% of the time, just enough to keep 8 guys out the box and can make some  passes , with a decent o-line is all we need.  But the QB most have some experiance like these guys and it will work, Rattay hasnt been great but he has been able to move the ball with out panic like Simms.

Trade Simms and get Carr
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rattay's Performance « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools