Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Forget about Garcia « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: December 25, 2006, 08:07:04 PM

I am almost certain that Philly is going to resign him. That means Jake Plummer may be the only vet QB available (assuming Denver doesnt offer him another deal). If that is true, there will be a half-dozen teams competing with the Bucs to sign him.

Locking up Simms may have been the smartest thing Gruden has done all year.

Unless you want to start trading draft picks or picking up a QB in the draft, we are stuck with Gradkowski, Rattay, and Simms.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 25, 2006, 08:08:09 PM

6 teams looking to sign Plummer?

LMAO!

We'll see just how many teams REALLY want him when it comes time to pay him...

HE SUCKS!

#2 : December 25, 2006, 08:11:09 PM

I am almost certain that Philly is going to resign him. That means Jake Plummer may be the only vet QB available (assuming Denver doesnt offer him another deal). If that is true, there will be a half-dozen teams competing with the Bucs to sign him.

Unless you want to start trading draft picks or picking up a QB in the draft, we are stuck with Gradkowski, Rattay, and Simms.

Philly can't hold him hostage. The guy wants to be a starter.... not McNabb's backup. Like Steve Young just said, Garcia will be America's most wanted this offseason.

6 teams looking to sign Plummer?

LMAO!

We'll see just how many teams REALLY want him when it comes time to pay him...

HE SUCKS!
I heard an interview yesterday that said Kubiak wants Plummer in Houston.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 25, 2006, 08:12:13 PM

Philly can't hold him hostage. The guy wants to be a starter.... not McNabb's backup. Like Steve Young just said, Garcia will be America's most wanted this offseason.

I am sure Gruden is drooling over what Garcia did today.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 25, 2006, 08:13:41 PM

GARCIA will start someplace next season, he knows his window is closing, and he will play for the team with the best chance of a super bowl birth that still needs a QB...

He will not play for a loser, his performance this season has dictated that he can still play, now the question is, who will it be?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 25, 2006, 08:14:02 PM

I am sure Gruden is drooling over what Garcia did today.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 25, 2006, 08:15:06 PM

According to the media in Philly, Garcia doesn't want to be a starter. He wants to be on a winning team that will win the Super Bowl. He's also 36. He's not going to be our long-term solution. What we need is a guy that the offense can be built around. When you look at the best offenses in the NFL the past few years like the Colts or the Patriots...notice how they built their offenses around their QB

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 25, 2006, 08:16:58 PM

and the colts have yet to win a super bowl, much less make it to one...

you think the patriots built their team around Brady?  Name a Patriot WR this season...   I think he was just a HAPPY ACCIDENT!

#8 : December 25, 2006, 08:17:39 PM

According to the media in Philly, Garcia doesn't want to be a starter. He wants to be on a winning team that will win the Super Bowl. He's also 36. He's not going to be our long-term solution. What we need is a guy that the offense can be built around. When you look at the best offenses in the NFL the past few years like the Colts or the Patriots...notice how they built their offenses around their QB

According to the interview I saw of Garcia on NFLN, he said he's using this chance to play as an opportunity to prove that he can still be a starter in this league and he hopes he gets that chance next season.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : December 25, 2006, 08:20:29 PM

It's highly unlikely that McNabb is ready to start in '08.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 25, 2006, 08:22:07 PM

Exactly. Garcia wants to start someplace next year and why not Tampa? Bucs have plenty of money and as long as McNabb can play, he starts in Philly. Gruden can offer Garcia the chance to compete for a starting job here. I believe Garcia won't be guaranteed any starting job on a playoff contender next year, so this might be a great situation for him to be in. At least in Tampa, he can win the job.

#11 : December 25, 2006, 08:24:23 PM

He was almost a Buc a few years ago.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 25, 2006, 08:29:51 PM

He'd have a good shot to be the starter here. IMO. But can we pay him what he wants after
signing Simms? I know we CAN. But will we?

And sorry, Rattay is not as good as Garcia. At least he hasn't shown it so far.

Are there still people here who say Garcia won't lead his team to the playoffs?

Will McNabb be ready for 2008? If not, we have no shot at Garcia.

#13 : December 25, 2006, 08:31:33 PM

He'd have a good shot to be the starter here. IMO. But can we pay him what he wants after
signing Simms? I know we CAN. But will we?

And sorry, Rattay is not as good as Garcia. At least he hasn't shown it so far.

Are there still people here who say Garcia wouldn't lead his team to the playoffs?

Will McNabb be ready for 2008? If not, we have no shot at Garcia.

If he's out a full year as speculated, then no he won't be ready.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 25, 2006, 08:33:24 PM

and the colts have yet to win a super bowl, much less make it to one...

you think the patriots built their team around Brady?  Name a Patriot WR this season... I think he was just a HAPPY ACCIDENT!

Going by that logic, why would we want Garcia? He hasn't won the Super Bowl.

And unless you forgot, our defense made him look pathetic in that playoff game in 2002.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Forget about Garcia « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools