Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms sent home........ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 08, 2008, 10:38:05 PM

I feel bad for him.

But I don't feel bad for the folks here who were clamoring for Simms to be our starter. They're not on
this thread.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : September 08, 2008, 10:38:35 PM

Wow.. thank god we got rid of Simms.. that offense for the Bucs looked AMAZING yesterday.... Looks like the Buc failures on offense were all on Simms.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 08, 2008, 10:39:17 PM

I'm sorry he got injured, but I don't feel bad for him.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 08, 2008, 10:39:38 PM

And to be honest, Joe, I think some of the jabs against Simms and his lack of employment aren't aimed directly at him, but probably moreso at some of those on these forums who claimed he'd be snapped up immediately and starting elsewhere and "lighting it up" in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I get it. I agree. Those Simms lovers are also (many times) Gruden haters.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 08, 2008, 10:40:34 PM

Wow.. thank god we got rid of Simms.. that offense for the Bucs looked AMAZING yesterday.... Looks like the Buc failures on offense were all on Simms.

Well, at least none of our offensive linemen are on the injured list with bruises on the back of their head.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 08, 2008, 10:41:10 PM

So many have said that they are glad Simms is gone but they wish well.

Posts in this thread show that's not the case. Do you guys get joy out of seeing Simms embarrassed?

When did Simms says that teams were going to flock to him, utspartan? To me, it seems like he just
wants to get a chance to play somewhere. Anywhere.

I'm glad he's gone but I'm not going to get any enjoyment out of seeing him beg for a team to give
him a shot. He did some good things in Tampa not too long ago.

Agreed Joe...I'm the first guy with a one-liner, but joke after joke after joke after joke is a bit much...People either really do wish him well or enjoy seeing the situation he is in...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 08, 2008, 10:41:17 PM

I'm sorry he got injured, but I don't feel bad for him.

Well, money-wise, he's fine. But I still feel bad for a guy who did some good things for us and now
is struggling to just get on a team. It's not as if he screwed us over. Career-wise, I feel bad for him.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 08, 2008, 10:41:52 PM

Well, at least none of our offensive linemen are on the injured list with bruises on the back of their head.
they dont have any sort of bruises because they didn't bother showing up... well maybe that chump Trueblood has a bruise on his arm from cheap-shotting/ending the drive.

MiltonMack21

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 08, 2008, 10:42:57 PM

Other teams know that Trueblood has no self control and are going to bait him into 15 yard cheapshot penalties every game.. he is gonna make Kenyatta Walkers false starts look like things of beauty.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 08, 2008, 10:44:43 PM

well maybe that chump Trueblood has a bruise on his arm from cheap-shotting/ending the drive.

Nice...  ::)

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 08, 2008, 10:53:28 PM

And to be honest, Joe, I think some of the jabs against Simms and his lack of employment aren't aimed directly at him, but probably moreso at some of those on these forums who claimed he'd be snapped up immediately and starting elsewhere and "lighting it up" in a heartbeat.

I think that's much more the case than anything against the player himself.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : September 08, 2008, 11:03:09 PM

Simms is used up, and will get picked up by someone, but won't see any extensive playing time.  He took a long time to adjust to a rather complex offense, sure...but that means he will be in an entirely new scheme, and have to relearn so many things, as well as continuing to adjust his busted mechanics.  I admit, I wanted him to succeed.  He has a big arm, and he is accurate with the deep throws, has good pedigree, but the kid is really just a backup at this point.  No action in years, going into a new system...already behind the eight ball...the kid is screwed, IMO...

He is not lighting it up anywhere...ever.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 08, 2008, 11:05:49 PM

Real classy fans we have here.  NOT!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : September 08, 2008, 11:08:55 PM

Real classy fans we have here.  NOT!
NOT!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 08, 2008, 11:42:15 PM

Funny; at Belichick's 3:00 PM press conference, he denied they had worked out any other QB's... Sounds like he was technically telling the truth ;D
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms sent home........ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools