Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: December 26, 2006, 09:54:39 AM

Right now we have the 4th pick. Since last week we knew we would be drafting anywhere from 3 to 7 and that fact remains the same today. Cleveland who is picking third plays at Houston who is picking 6th this week, and a Cleveland win would mean that we would move back into 3rd with a loss. The more likely scenario, a Houston win, would mean that we would be picking no later than 6th even if we win.

Arizona is currently picking 5th, and they play at San Diego on Sunday, which will be a challenge because San Diego is still playing for home field through out the playoffs.

Should we win and Arizona or Houston lose, I believe one of those teams will grab Joe Thomas before he gets to us.

Washington picks 7th and hosts the Giants on Saturday. Should Washington lose and we win they will pick before us. I believe that will likely remove either Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams from the board, more likely Calvin Johnson.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#1 : December 26, 2006, 10:00:23 AM

I have no idea why, but every time Calvin Johnson gets mentioned, I always think of Charles Rogers.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#2 : December 26, 2006, 10:08:58 AM

^^i think of mike williams

#3 : December 26, 2006, 10:50:15 AM

I have no idea why, but every time Calvin Johnson gets mentioned, I always think of Charles Rogers.

Well...I like Calvin Johnson, as he seems to have (from what I've heard) the character and intelligence needed to succeed in the NFL.  I still don't want to draft a WR with the #3 or 4 pick in the first round.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 26, 2006, 10:51:14 AM

Personally, I think of Larry Fitzgerald.  That may just be me though.

#5 : December 26, 2006, 11:04:54 AM

I like CJ a bunch (Big, Fast target for Simms)
I like Gaines Adams (now after I see more film)
I like Joe Thomas (A franchise OT like this is hard to find)

I can see any of these happening and I wouldnt be upset at any of them however the best value will be with Thomas because there can be a position in the lower rounds for the rest to fill the wr/de holes however Thomas may be the best right now.

However I see Gruden taking Gaines Adams regardless

#6 : December 26, 2006, 11:06:22 AM

If CJ is still around when we pick Gruden will not pass on him. I guarentee it.

#7 : December 26, 2006, 11:14:32 AM

Id love to see it but I think he goes to Oakland

#8 : December 26, 2006, 11:38:10 AM

Id love to see it but I think he goes to Oakland
I agree.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#9 : December 26, 2006, 11:46:01 AM

Man what I wouldn't give for Larry Fitzgerald! He catches everything thrown his way. I wonder if we could swing a trade for him in the offseason? ...yeah right....

#10 : December 26, 2006, 12:10:58 PM

Man what I wouldn't give for Larry Fitzgerald! He catches everything thrown his way. I wonder if we could swing a trade for him in the offseason? ...yeah right....

Him or Boldin.... what a lethal combination.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#11 : December 26, 2006, 12:28:36 PM

my problem is that, form what I heard, the problem with Johnson is his route-running. He relies a lot of his physical talent and not as much on technique. Sure, he can create space considering how fast he is. But I see this guy make plenty of catches - but they are all in tight coverage. Larry Fitz' best ability (he's not an overly fast guy) is that he create amazing separation with his body and route running. I don't see the same from CJ.

#12 : December 26, 2006, 01:37:51 PM

Right now we have the 4th pick. Since last week we knew we would be drafting anywhere from 3 to 7 and that fact remains the same today. Cleveland who is picking third plays at Houston who is picking 6th this week, and a Cleveland win would mean that we would move back into 3rd with a loss. The more likely scenario, a Houston win, would mean that we would be picking no later than 6th even if we win.

Arizona is currently picking 5th, and they play at San Diego on Sunday, which will be a challenge because San Diego is still playing for home field through out the playoffs.

Should we win and Arizona or Houston lose, I believe one of those teams will grab Joe Thomas before he gets to us.

Washington picks 7th and hosts the Giants on Saturday. Should Washington lose and we win they will pick before us. I believe that will likely remove either Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams from the board, more likely Calvin Johnson.
Washignton can't afford to take CJ if they have the chance, they already have Moss, Randle El, and Lloyd.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 26, 2006, 02:13:59 PM

I still say the Bucs are going to be in a position to field a couple of potentially good trade offers in that 4-6 position.

FlexXVI

Second String
#14 : December 26, 2006, 02:26:25 PM

Cleveland will definitely lose to Houston.  It was just posted on ESPN that Ken Dorsey is going to start for them on Sunday!!!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools