Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The importance of veteran leadership at OC « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: December 26, 2006, 02:26:49 PM

http://www.rctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061226/SPORTS01/612260357/1002/MTCN0302

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2006, 03:10:51 PM

That's one of the main reasons we should have kept John Lynch around.   Or even Warren Sapp.   That kind of leadership leads to wins.   We've never had that on the offensive line.

#2 : December 26, 2006, 03:26:12 PM

That's one of the main reasons we should have kept John Lynch around. Or even Warren Sapp. That kind of leadership leads to wins. We've never had that on the offensive line.
Umm, if I'm not mistaken we still have Derrick Brooks, Mike Alstott, and Ronde Barber...

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 26, 2006, 05:38:31 PM

The Jets must be kicking themselves for letting him get away.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 26, 2006, 05:44:49 PM

The Jets must be kicking themselves for letting him get away.
They really like Mangold

escobar

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 26, 2006, 06:11:23 PM

That's one of the main reasons we should have kept John Lynch around. Or even Warren Sapp. That kind of leadership leads to wins. We've never had that on the offensive line.
Umm, if I'm not mistaken we still have Derrick Brooks, Mike Alstott, and Ronde Barber...

Correct, and all happen to be the "lead by example" type. Sapp was a get in your face type of leader and that is by far a different kind. Some people respond well to Brooks' type of leadership and some people need Sapp's type and for those who do they aren't getting it right now.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 26, 2006, 08:06:35 PM

Correct, and all happen to be the "lead by example" type. Sapp was a get in your face type of leader and that is by far a different kind. Some people respond well to Brooks' type of leadership and some people need Sapp's type and for those who do they aren't getting it right now.

Exactly.   The lead by example guys are great.   But "true" leaders like Sapp and Lynch are rare.

#7 : December 26, 2006, 08:08:41 PM

Exactly.   The lead by example guys are great.   But "true" leaders like Sapp and Lynch are rare.
I honestly think you're discounting lead by example guys....you act like if you're not Joe Ra-Ra you aren't a true leader.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 26, 2006, 08:09:47 PM

When Sapp was here, there were two types of Bucs fans. Those that hate him and those that love him. The haters by far outnumbered the lovers.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2006, 12:40:16 PM

When Sapp was here, there were two types of Bucs fans. Those that hate him and those that love him.

You can substitute the word "players" for fans in the first sentence and still maintain accuracy.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 27, 2006, 03:20:17 PM

When Sapp was here, there were two types of Bucs fans. Those that hate him and those that love him.

You can substitute the word "players" for fans in the first sentence and still maintain accuracy.

They were just jealous because Sapp got down with the ladies.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 27, 2006, 03:28:50 PM

I LOVE SAPP, and would still love to see him retire a BUC!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 27, 2006, 03:45:38 PM

They were just jealous because Sapp got down with the ladies.

especially the ones that weren't his wife

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 27, 2006, 03:47:51 PM

especially the ones that weren't his wife

I think his wife was included in the list of ladies as well.    But I bet Mons Venus took a hit when Warren left town.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 27, 2006, 04:24:31 PM

I honestly think you're discounting lead by example guys....you act like if you're not Joe Ra-Ra you aren't a true leader.
I don't think it's dicounting that form of leadership...however, this team needs and in your face emotional, kick you in the pants leader on the field. All the players have said it's what the team has been lacking.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The importance of veteran leadership at OC « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools