Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Never have I been more proud of being a Buccaneers Fans... « previous next »
Page: 1

bklynbucs11

Starter

: December 26, 2006, 04:12:45 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/061226

The 2  quotes I'm referring to:

1)(Fact): During halftime of a New Orleans Saints-Tampa Bay Buccaneers game, Bucs cheerleaders danced to "Rock You Like a Hurricane."

Ok, that is seriously awesome. You can't make that kind of comedy up.

2) The Tampa Bay Buccaneers used the names of famous actresses, including Pam Anderson, as audibles.

I wonder if the Rachel Watson audible involves a 5-WR set where all receivers running toward the endzone furnishing rubbers and incon**CENSORED**uously disappearing for 20 minutes.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2006, 04:17:26 PM

Hmmm. Wasn't #1 refuted as being untrue?

bklynbucs11

Starter

#2 : December 26, 2006, 04:24:27 PM

No idea, I wasn't at the game. can anyone verify?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 26, 2006, 04:28:22 PM

No idea, I wasn't at the game. can anyone verify?

I was at the game, but I don't recall. There was a debate about it afterward, and some claimed it true, others claimed it false. I believe there was some semi-official statement that it didn't happen. Not sure.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 26, 2006, 04:29:56 PM

If number one were true, I wouldn't be proud about it. More like embarassed.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 26, 2006, 04:30:13 PM

Google is our friend:

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=23261

#6 : December 26, 2006, 04:32:56 PM

They always play Rock you Like a Hurricane.....what's next you can't play We Will Rock You against teams that have had earthquakes effect them?

Forshizzle69

Practice Squad

#7 : December 26, 2006, 04:35:39 PM

I think it is offensive that the University of Miami is named the Hurricanes.  I mean, what about all the people in Miami that have been displaced by hurricanes over the years.  We need to be sensitive to their feelings.

Lets get real people.  The cheerleaders had been working in that routine for months.  The song is a very popular song.  If that was the only time they ever danced to that song, and it was specifically played JUST because the Saints came to town, then I could see where there would be a problem.  People need to grow a set and quit moaning and groaning over such inconsequential things.

vladin

Starter

#8 : December 26, 2006, 04:36:20 PM

I was at that game.. They did play Rock you like a Hurricane..  but I seriously doubt it was a conscious decision.

#9 : December 26, 2006, 04:36:46 PM

Movies shouldn't be able to have 'Jesus Walks' in their commercials, it offends other religions.

Forshizzle69

Practice Squad

#10 : December 26, 2006, 04:42:00 PM

I am offended by plane crashes in movies...it disrespects 9/11

I am offended by death on TV...it is offensive to people that know people that have died

I am offended by Cowbell...it is offensive to cows

bklynbucs11

Starter

#11 : December 26, 2006, 04:56:26 PM

Why? I'm more embarrased that they appologized. Playing a song like that is funny not because the song's good, but because extremists all over the place will whine and moan over how insensitive such a gesture is. Inappropriate was to say that New Orleans is a place of sin and the Hurricane was God's will (interesting how there wasn't a WHOLE LOT more outrage when some churches actually went public with this statement). But how exactly is a song written over 20 years ago that has absolutely no relation to Katrina suddenly offensive? More importantly, why exactly is "rock you like a hurricane" offensive? Please don't tell me it brings back awful memories for fans - thats a load of BS. They don't need any reminders - looking outside of their homes is more of a reminder than some ancient song will ever be.  

The PC nature of everything broadcast over national television is getting damn near sickening. The fact that some people are desparately seeking their 15 minutes (and maybe a mortgage payment worth of restitution for their "suffering") that they twist anything into a perceived offense to themselves, shouldn't determine such inconsequential things as determining song titles offensive because the title has an unfortunate word in it. I'd venture a guess than 99% of Katrina survivors would look at this incident and think "was some dumbass really offended by this?"

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 26, 2006, 05:05:25 PM

I was at that game, but to tell you the truth, I was too stunned and shellshocked that the Bucs were getting their asses handed to them to even know what song was playing. If it was this year, then who cares, but last year might have been a bit much.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 26, 2006, 05:10:11 PM

Why? I'm more embarrased that they appologized. Playing a song like that is funny not because the song's good, but because extremists all over the place will whine and moan over how insensitive such a gesture is. Inappropriate was to say that New Orleans is a place of sin and the Hurricane was God's will (interesting how there wasn't a WHOLE LOT more outrage when some churches actually went public with this statement). But how exactly is a song written over 20 years ago that has absolutely no relation to Katrina suddenly offensive? More importantly, why exactly is "rock you like a hurricane" offensive? Please don't tell me it brings back awful memories for fans - thats a load of BS. They don't need any reminders - looking outside of their homes is more of a reminder than some ancient song will ever be. 

The PC nature of everything broadcast over national television is getting damn near sickening. The fact that some people are desparately seeking their 15 minutes (and maybe a mortgage payment worth of restitution for their "suffering") that they twist anything into a perceived offense to themselves, shouldn't determine such inconsequential things as determining song titles offensive because the title has an unfortunate word in it. I'd venture a guess than 99% of Katrina survivors would look at this incident and think "was some dumbass really offended by this?"

Speaking of seeking 15 mins. of fame. Your reponse is a bit much for something that happened months ago.

If it was just a coincidence then no harm no foul. If it was done on purpose, then yes, I'd be embarassed.
Nobody said anything about being offended so relax people.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Never have I been more proud of being a Buccaneers Fans... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools