Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Cowher eventually replace Gruden? « previous next »
Page: 1

gharen

Pro Bowler

: December 26, 2006, 10:39:50 PM

Rumor is that Cowher will retire for a year or two and then get back in coaching and with most believing that next year is a do or die season for Gruden, could you all see the Glazers making a play for Cowher? He would fit the splashy hire that the Glazers like to make and they would replace one SB winning coach for another. I personally would be considered a Grudenista, but if he can't turn it around for next season, I would love for the Bucs to hire Cowher! I guess I would be considered a Cowherista!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 26, 2006, 10:51:42 PM

From what I am hearing, he has gotten burned out of NFL coaching. Unlike in college, coaching in the NFL is a year-round job. And he's probably looking for something so that he can spend more time with his family.

Rumor is that he's looking for property in North Carolina.

#2 : December 26, 2006, 10:58:24 PM

Wait...you have to recruit in college, how can that not be a year round job?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#3 : December 26, 2006, 11:09:35 PM

He's already bought a 2 million dollar home in N.C. but most think that after a year off he'll get the itch to get back into coaching and he'll only be 50 years old.

BP1

Pro Bowler

#4 : December 27, 2006, 12:12:45 AM

He's already bought a 2 million dollar home in N.C. but most think that after a year off he'll get the itch to get back into coaching and he'll only be 50 years old.

It must be on the other side of town from where I am staying, lol

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 27, 2006, 01:25:00 PM

LOL at BP! You mean that athletic scholarship doesn't set you up in some pretty fancy digs? Dump your boyfriend and find a football player -- they probably get taken care of pretty well. I thought Cowher's daughter(s) went to school in NC and that's why he bought a house there.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 27, 2006, 01:30:42 PM

Unlike in college, coaching in the NFL is a year-round job.

Both are year-round jobs.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 27, 2006, 01:33:40 PM

Cowher will not replace the Bucs.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Cowher eventually replace Gruden? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools