Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats best for the Bucs this weekend... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 27, 2006, 10:34:27 AM »

Tampa is tied by record with Cleveland, but picks after them because of their win over the Browns.

This is incorrect.  Cleveland picks before us right now because they have the weaker SOS.  It is, however, VERY close.  (We had the weaker SOS before this last week.)  Depending on how the SOS works out in the last week, we could very well wind up with the #3 pick even if both our team and the Browns lose.  It should be a pretty much razor thin margin either way.  But head-to-head record does NOT factor into draft position.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #16 : December 27, 2006, 10:38:26 AM »

Ryan Leaf was a pretty good draft pick. I'm sure the Chargers were glad they chose him.  ;D

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #17 : December 27, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »

High picks =/= better players always, and you know this for a fact.

There is a reason teams trade away players and picks to move up in drafts.

« #18 : December 27, 2006, 10:41:58 AM »

Right now it looks like we pick 3rd:

http://www.ourlads.com/draftsequence.cfm

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 27, 2006, 10:43:52 AM »

A handful of draft picks isn't going to suddenly catapult this team from a potential 4-12 to a play-off run or Superbowl title next year. There needs to be something else there too. Draft picks who come in right away and completely alter a team's identity are usually a rarity in this league, so the picks next April will probably really be felt in 2008 and beyond; not 2007.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #20 : December 27, 2006, 10:47:13 AM »

A handful of draft picks isn't going to suddenly catapult this team from a potential 4-12 to a play-off run or Superbowl title next year. There needs to be something else there too. Draft picks who come in right away and completely alter a team's identity are usually a rarity in this league, so the picks next April will probably really be felt in 2008 and beyond; not 2007.

That's true. What does that have to do with all this though?

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #21 : December 27, 2006, 10:48:44 AM »

No the Momentum won't last until the season starts but with emphasis on offseason training and conditioning maybe it will help to motivate the players if they see that Gru isnt completly FOS.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 27, 2006, 10:50:04 AM »

Right now it looks like we pick 3rd:

http://www.ourlads.com/draftsequence.cfm

man, it hurts seeing our bucs so low on the totem poll...what a crap-filled year this was...

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #23 : December 27, 2006, 10:51:45 AM »

No the Momentum won't last until the season starts but with emphasis on offseason training and conditioning maybe it will help to motivate the players if they see that Gru isnt completly FOS.

One win won't do that either.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 27, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »

That's true. What does that have to do with all this though?

There seems to be people who believe that a loss on Sunday will give the Bucs the draft pick that will change things next year. More than likely, that pick won't make that direct of an impact that makes us just HAVE to have that position in the draft. Whether it's 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.; the pick is still a rookie coming in next year. Why wish a loss just for that?

« #25 : December 27, 2006, 10:55:01 AM »

One win won't do that either.
Back to back wins may.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #26 : December 27, 2006, 10:58:47 AM »

Back to back wins may.

Back to back wins, one of them against the Browns, after a 5-11 season is going to motivate the team?  ???

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 27, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

I don't think there's much of a difference between a 5-11 team and a 4-12 team myself. You can look at the draft board and say there is one, but I don't see it. A 5-11 team and a 4-12 team both are failing franchises, and something needs to be addressed quickly on teams with those records. The bottom line; you play to win the game. You don't play to just show up. A win would make the team 5-11. I don't think a win on Sunday will provide anything to the players and coaches but the reality (and probably satisfaction) that the season is over. Quite honestly, I think a loss would do the same thing. But, you play to win the game.

« #28 : December 27, 2006, 11:04:48 AM »

Back to back wins may.

Back to back wins, one of them against the Browns, after a 5-11 season is going to motivate the team?  ???

I root for the team to win each game.  If you root for them to lose one game, where do you draw the line?

"Super Bowl or bust!  If we aren't going to win the SB, I'd just prefer us to go 0-16 and get the #1 pick!"

« #29 : December 27, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »

I don't think there's much of a difference between a 5-11 team and a 4-12 team myself. You can look at the draft board and say there is one, but I don't see it. A 5-11 team and a 4-12 team both are failing franchises, and something needs to be addressed quickly on teams with those records. The bottom line; you play to win the game. You don't play to just show up. A win would make the team 5-11. I don't think a win on Sunday will provide anything to the players and coaches but the reality (and probably satisfaction) that the season is over. Quite honestly, I think a loss would do the same thing. But, you play to win the game.
You so stole that from Herm Edwards, now crown their ass!
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whats best for the Bucs this weekend... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools