Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is adjusting scores after the game's ending ethical? « previous next »
Page: 1

kmitchell

Starter

: September 11, 2008, 05:15:38 PM

I am the league manager in a 14 team league and I got an interesting call today. One of the games was 64-63. The team that had 63 points had Jay Cutler which was put down for 299 yards. ESPN and NFL.com both announced he actually did throw 300 yards, which would give Jay Cutler 3 more points for yardage and the 300 yard bonus. With the 3 points added on, the losing team is now a winning team. I called 5 people in the league and they all said I should adjust the score but the guy who gets the loss now is really pissed.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 11, 2008, 05:17:27 PM

I wouldn't adjust it....I would go with what the league your in gave him points for.....

now if you just add up points yourself....then yeah, it's only fair to give the Cutler's guy the right amount of points..

kmitchell

Starter

#2 : September 11, 2008, 05:24:11 PM

ESPN gave him the points for 299 yards. Then ESPN put up breaking news Jay Cutler actually threw 300 yards. NFL and ESPN are both saying now that he had a 300 yard game. Cutler deserved the point adjustment, I'm just wondering if I should just let what happens, happen.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : September 12, 2008, 07:47:55 AM

Are you using a game manager?  If you are, then they should act accordingly.  If your game manager is ESPN, then good luck.  They suck.   

#4 : September 12, 2008, 06:07:31 PM

I am the league manager in a 14 team league and I got an interesting call today. One of the games was 64-63. The team that had 63 points had Jay Cutler which was put down for 299 yards. ESPN and NFL.com both announced he actually did throw 300 yards, which would give Jay Cutler 3 more points for yardage and the 300 yard bonus. With the 3 points added on, the losing team is now a winning team. I called 5 people in the league and they all said I should adjust the score but the guy who gets the loss now is really pissed.

I have Cutler who was originally credited with 300 yds. On Tuesday it was made official that he threw for 299 so the scoring IMO should reflect that.

kmitchell

Starter

#5 : September 12, 2008, 06:12:23 PM

I got a phone call from the Cutler owner after he saw this on ESPN. Then I double-checked on NFL.com and they also put him down for 300. Either way I went with the decision, someone was going to be pissed so I just took a vote.

After an official review of game footage of Monday's game against Oakland, Cutler was credited with one additional passing yard, giving him 300 for the game, his third 300-yard passing game of his career, the Denver Post reports.
Spin: Cutler's favorite target on Monday was rookie Eddie Royal, but he did a solid job of spreading his passes around. With #1 receiver Brandon Marshall now back from his one-game suspension, Cutler should have even more opportunities to find men downfield.

#6 : September 13, 2008, 12:17:27 PM

and he's my qb..... yea!!!!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is adjusting scores after the game's ending ethical? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools