Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHICH QB WILL BE THE BUCS' STARTER IN 2007? « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportJF

Hall of Famer

« : December 27, 2006, 01:55:24 PM »

Group,

I just posted a new Pewter Insider column on the front page of www.pewterreport.com

Here is the teaser:

"With Chris Simms expected to be under contract for the next two seasons, will the Bucs still target a veteran QB in free agency in 2007? Which signal caller might they recruit the hardest, and will that player be recruited as a starter or a backup? Get answers to these questions in this installment of Flynn’s Focus."

If you're not already a Pewter Insider subscriber, you can become one today by calling 1-800-881-BUCS(2827) or clicking the link below:

http://www.pewterreport.com/subscribe

Enjoy!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #1 : December 27, 2006, 02:07:53 PM »

If we are smart, yank the deal from simms, sign Garcia, trade back into the middle of the first round and get troy smith. Let Smith sit the bench a year and learn from garcia and then let smith run and throw all over the NFL for the next 10 years...

Baghead #2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 27, 2006, 02:23:26 PM »

If we are smart, yank the deal from simms, sign Garcia, trade back into the middle of the first round and get troy smith. Let Smith sit the bench a year and learn from garcia and then let smith run and throw all over the NFL for the next 10 years...

sounds good to me....I think....

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 27, 2006, 03:25:47 PM »

Like a poor man's Vick? No thanks. If your QB has to run, then your OL isn't doing it's job and you'll never go all the way. A QB should be able to make pays from the pocket, mobility is overrated. Warner, Brady, Rothlesberger, Dilfer and Brad Johnson aren't the most mobile, but count their rings against those of Vick, McNabb, McNair, Culpepper and Garcia..

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #4 : December 27, 2006, 03:40:21 PM »

Troy Smith has made plays in the pocket all year. He can run and throw, sorta like Garica  ;D

Baghead #2

« #5 : December 27, 2006, 04:04:40 PM »

And Smith won't be there by the middle of the first round IMO.  Too many other teams need QB's, ala Oakland, Cleveland, MIA (possibly).....and Garcia is not going to be available.  Andy Reid will do all he can to keep him with McNabb's injury history.  Think think think.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 27, 2006, 04:14:34 PM »

And Smith won't be there by the middle of the first round IMO. Too many other teams need QB's, ala Oakland, Cleveland, MIA (possibly).....and Garcia is not going to be available. Andy Reid will do all he can to keep him with McNabb's injury history. Think think think.

Smith will probably be available with our first second rounder. Quinn, Russell, and Brohm are all rated higher than Smith. Russell and Brohm are just juniors so nothing is certain...but it's looking like Russell will come out.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #7 : December 27, 2006, 04:17:45 PM »

Smith will be there in the mid to late 1st round and could slip...

If you get Garcia you better get a franchise guy to take over after year one.

Garcia is a quick fix. Are we really going to make a superbowl run, probably not. He would be a great guy to learn under, seems like a big "team guy" and Troy Smith possesses his skills but a better arm.

Baghead #2

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #8 : December 27, 2006, 04:21:16 PM »

If Garcia is brought in I'm sure the plan is to either have Bruce learn from him or to get a guy like Troy Smith to hold the clipboard for a couple years. I'm not going to say this team could make a Super Bowl run, but if we can get an impact pass rusher andcontinue to fix the o-line we could definitely make some noise next year with Garcia playing like he is now.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #9 : December 27, 2006, 04:58:28 PM »

If Garcia is brought in I'm sure the plan is to either have Bruce learn from him or to get a guy like Troy Smith to hold the clipboard for a couple years. I'm not going to say this team could make a Super Bowl run, but if we can get an impact pass rusher andcontinue to fix the o-line we could definitely make some noise next year with Garcia playing like he is now.

I concur, although never really being a Garcia fan, he looks as comfortable in the pocket as he ever has in his career. Color me a convert.

Still, we need more than one impact pass rusher, we need to address the DL with at least two major additions. That should buy us time as the secondary matures..

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
« #10 : December 27, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »

Troy Smith's draft position will be determined by his production against Fl. and who else comes out. Brohm and Russell have yet to declare. If they do he could go 2nd round and I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia Simms and Smith and the Qb's

Mohawkbucs

Starter

« #11 : December 27, 2006, 05:05:27 PM »

as long as its not someone on our current roster im fine with that

but it looks like it will be simms, but we do need a vet like plummer or somebody like that to hlep boost confidence to simms or scare him into becoming the better qb or something!!!!!

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #12 : December 27, 2006, 05:32:43 PM »

Troy Smith's draft position will be determined by his production against Fl. and who else comes out. Brohm and Russell have yet to declare. If they do he could go 2nd round and I wouldn't mind seeing Garcia Simms and Smith and the Qb's
I think it will depend more on who else comes out. Teams have seen all year what he can do in big games. Russell and Brohm will impact his draft status more than how well he does in the title game.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
« #13 : December 27, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

IMO the Buzz from the national game elevated Vince Youngs draft status last year
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PI ALERT: WHICH QB WILL BE THE BUCS' STARTER IN 2007? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools