Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's Official - Simms is here in '07! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: December 27, 2006, 04:26:39 PM

What do you guys think of this move?

I say hell yeah...He's relativly young...has a cannon arm...has way earned the respect of his running mates (see spleen scar)...and could still be a star in this league. How many QB's fail to hit their stride until after the age of 27?...tons!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 27, 2006, 04:29:45 PM

I say he'll have to earn the job this offseason and in TC and preseason. No way is he handed the starting nod...there will be a vet brought in to compete with him.

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#2 : December 27, 2006, 04:30:27 PM

I say he'll have to earn the job this offseason and in TC and preseason. No way is he handed the starting nod...there will be a vet brought in to compete with him.

Agreed!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

#3 : December 27, 2006, 04:31:42 PM

Yeah...I have to say that, while I'm not sold on Simms, I think this is a great, surprising move for the Bucs.  It has to be a bit of a vote of confidence for Gruden. Maybe the Gruden haters are a bit dismayed?  I dunno...

Anyway, I think this is a great beginning to the offseason.  We've addressed one of our most distressing positions already, and there's still one week left in the season.  I'm not sure that we're done with our QB position yet, but this is a great step.

I'm glad Simms signed and I applaud the FO for their initiative.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 27, 2006, 04:35:19 PM

Im undecided, the cap numbers will sway my opinion. But as a principle, bringing back a QB whose been in our system for 4 years cant be bad. I just hope that Gruden can adjust to Simms' qualities, otherwise Chris will continue to struggle.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

#5 : December 27, 2006, 04:36:24 PM

Im undecided, the cap numbers will sway my opinion. But as a principle, bringing back a QB whose been in our system for 4 years cant be bad. I just hope that Gruden can adjust to Simms' qualities, otherwise Chris will continue to struggle.

I agree with your reservations...I really hope that GRUDEN has learned some things this season.  He is still a young coach...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 27, 2006, 04:42:37 PM

Based on what has been reported about this contract, it is a good deal for the Buccaneers. I also don't think they're finished with the QB position for next season.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#7 : December 27, 2006, 05:09:05 PM

I think Gruden has learned something already. We have seen very little of the 3 step drop late in the season.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 27, 2006, 05:11:44 PM

It's a good move, especially if the OL is upgraded and the youngsters continue to develop. (Hear that, Bill Muir!?)

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 27, 2006, 05:16:10 PM

It's a good move, especially if the OL is upgraded and the youngsters continue to develop. (Hear that, Bill Muir!?)

If Simms starts, that means the ROT is protecting his blindside.  Do we really want Trueblood there?  Do we go back to Walker?  Shift AD over after signing a LOT?  Lots of questions here.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 27, 2006, 05:19:16 PM

If Simms starts, that means the ROT is protecting his blindside. Do we really want Trueblood there? Do we go back to Walker? Shift AD over after signing a LOT? Lots of questions here.

I don't see why Trueblood couldn't handle the job. One year under his belt, a better understanding of what he's up against and what his responsibilities are, and it comes down to coaching. Hence the Bill Muir reference.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 27, 2006, 05:45:43 PM

Based on what has been reported about this contract, it is a good deal for the Buccaneers. I also don't think they're finished with the QB position for next season.
I agree.  I believe that Garcia will look to jettison Philly in sight for a starting roll...Allow Simms and Garcia to battle it out in TC and allow Gradkowski the necessary time to develop in Gruden's WCO

You must be accountable for your actions!

#12 : December 28, 2006, 08:45:09 AM

LOL

"GOT SPLEEN?"

That's what the shirt Chris wore to his press conference said.

#13 : December 28, 2006, 09:01:44 AM

Glad to see you are happy to see him back. If I remember you were not sure a few weeks ago...looking at it though it really isnt that bad of a move

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 28, 2006, 07:46:10 PM

Glad to see you are happy to see him back. If I remember you were not sure a few weeks ago...looking at it though it really isnt that bad of a move

In that it helps to solidify a shaky QB situation, I'm ecstatic, but I've always been in Simms' corner..

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It's Official - Simms is here in '07! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools