Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Absolutely NO excuses for next season!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : December 27, 2006, 11:26:48 PM

Face it...Guru is on the terminal rag and always will be so long as Gru is here. I think Guru is really Duemig incognito. Go hang on Mikey's sack for a while.

Guru will never be happy.

Hence why I tried changing the subject.

#16 : December 27, 2006, 11:31:05 PM

As a pastor I believe forgiveness is necessary to his faith so he should forgive Gruden after every loss.  As an atheist I reserve the right to be spiteful and never forgive a loss. ;D
Wait a minute....as an atheist why would you be screaming 'GO TO HELL GRU' at the screen?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#17 : December 27, 2006, 11:33:49 PM

P  E  N  G  U  I  N  S  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 : December 27, 2006, 11:34:49 PM

P E N G U I N S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 27, 2006, 11:35:18 PM

I don't think I ever have. That would be too polite.   I usually get stuck just listening to games anyway.    I think Gruden is a great coach I just don't like his personnel strategy and the playcalling all the time.  The only coach I would rather have than Gruden in probably retiring from the Steelers anyway.

#20 : December 27, 2006, 11:37:12 PM

Look, our perfect coach is John Madden. For one he's popular with the young crowd with his video game, two he's got enough money to not cost loads, three he's got a ring, four he's been away from the game and knows most teams (and Brett Favre's lower anatomy) get him Favre and a few crusty vets and we roll.

(yes that's a joke)

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 27, 2006, 11:41:33 PM

He is on Favre's jock constantly. BOOM!!  We get him and then you will be watching the Bucs at Ace Hardware Stadium.

#22 : December 28, 2006, 12:10:12 AM

Call it hate if you want, but I just don't understand the signing of a player that doesn't fit the system and hasn't proved he can stop his passes from being batted. Let's hope the guy will be the back up next year.

I wouldn't be the first time we signed a player that doesn't fit the system.

#23 : December 28, 2006, 12:17:06 AM

Not the only one to get passes batted either.

And Guru, you ARE simply full of hate.  All your posts hold a common theme.

We know you dislike Gruden, which is your right to do so.  But coming in here with rag after rag after rag after rag post is flat-out annoying.  Go hate over at that purgatory known as Bucs.com.  You fit in a lot better with that cesspool over there anyway. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : December 28, 2006, 12:22:59 AM

Not the only one to get passes batted either.

And Guru, you ARE simply full of hate.  All your posts hold a common theme.

We know you dislike Gruden, which is your right to do so.  But coming in here with rag after rag after rag after rag post is flat-out annoying.  Go hate over at that purgatory known as Bucs.com.  You fit in a lot better with that cesspool over there anyway. 

Nahh Guru is right on. This IS Grudens team, he is getting another year and he has no more excuses. Now onto your second point would I be correct in thinking that you got gun off of Bucs.com?

#25 : December 28, 2006, 12:41:21 AM

Not at all.....don't go there, so it is tough to get whacked when you don't visit.  Word has it that you must crotch-nuzzle the mods there to get along.  I don't go for all that sorta crapola.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#26 : December 28, 2006, 08:26:22 AM

Not at all.....don't go there, so it is tough to get whacked when you don't visit.  Word has it that you must crotch-nuzzle the mods there to get along.  I don't go for all that sorta crapola.

Nahh I have gotten into it with several of the "legends". Doesn't matter to me, I just know it is a family site and I don't say anything I wouldn't allow a kid to say.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 28, 2006, 08:37:43 AM

Typical prefer.  It's obvious you must be a relative of Gruden and thus the reason you become so defensive when any post refers to holding a head coach responsible for his team.  Are you that passionate about every head coach in this league?  try not being so defensive and just post something that is intelligent.  This thread is not about hate and you know it.

watson

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 28, 2006, 08:49:46 AM

If Gruden comes back next year, and there is no indication to think otherwise, there will be no more excuses. We have the draft picks & FA money to make this a better team. There will be none of this talk about the players not being his either; this is now his team.
I will stand behind my original assumption that Chris Simms is through as a starter in this league until he gets the batted passes under control. Well, as of his last game, he had not harnessed his problem, yet we gave him a fairly nice contract. My hopes is that they will bring in an experienced vet to compete for the QB position, but I thought that last year as well.
There is a lot riding on the decisions made during this off season, and the ones being made right now. I don't like the way they are getting started...
Just to make sure I understand what you believe, I read this as you believe that no matter how many injuries the Bucs have next year.....no matter who is injured....no matter if, for example, they end up having to start 4 in-season FA pick ups on the defensive line, due to the injuries, that you don't see that as a factor in the success they have next year.   Right?  No matter what there are no excuses in your mind.  Correct?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 28, 2006, 08:50:35 AM

This thread is not about hate and you know it.

I do think it's a bit about hate.   At least that's my opinion judging from your previous hate filled tirades against Gruden.  

I also think this thread is ridiculous.    We should wait until next year and see how things are going half way into the season before we make any judgements at all about Gruden's coaching job next year.     Of course he should be held accountable for the team.   That goes without saying every year.    I don't think next year is the year we'll be back in the playoffs.   But I do expect to see improvement.    I expect the team to be back in the playoffs and challenging for the superbowl by 2009.

I normally have a good feeling about when the head coach is going to be fired.   Every other coach we've had fired, I knew the writing was on the wall.   Gruden isn't close to that yet.   But we won't really know until about mid season next year, will we?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Absolutely NO excuses for next season!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools