Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooting for Washington « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: December 30, 2006, 08:38:26 AM

A Washington win today means even if we win we would be drafting no later than 6th, and most likely 5th considering that Houston is hosting Cleveland and Houston has been playing well of late.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 30, 2006, 09:04:31 AM

Cool.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 30, 2006, 12:34:18 PM

I'm rooting for the Skins because I can't stand the Giants and them making it in would be a disgrace for them to occupy a playoff spot. At least if one of the other mediocre teams makes it in they'll make a game of it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 30, 2006, 12:50:09 PM

Giants are the only mediocre team that really scares anyone. If, BIG if, they can bring their "A" game they can beat anyone in the weak puppy NFC.

Go skins because I want the better draft pick.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#4 : December 30, 2006, 01:02:20 PM

Go Skins because I want Coughlin canned.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 30, 2006, 01:12:20 PM

A Washington win today means even if we win we would be drafting no later than 6th, and most likely 5th considering that Houston is hosting Cleveland and Houston has been playing well of late.

you are sure about this?  i dont really understand all that stuff so i am looking for a clear scenairio like your example so i can follow that this weekend. 

dukebuc

Practice Squad

#6 : December 30, 2006, 01:18:04 PM

I'm torn on this one.....don't want to see anything mess up Coughlin being shown the door ASAP, but also would like to see the G-men pull one out...finally.  After the pathetic display last week, I've got to think they come to play today.....though with Shockey out it might not matter....and they really do not deserve to be in the playoffs, period.

And the fact that I've got to go to some sports bar because of some pissing contest between NFL network and Time Warner cable makes me want to slap the crap out of someone at both entities.

dukebuc

Practice Squad

#7 : December 31, 2006, 11:01:55 AM

Yeah, the defense is beyond atrocious.  If they get in, as expected, they are most likely one-and-done because of the D and Eli's inconsistency.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#8 : December 30, 2006, 03:04:01 PM

Well, I love the Bucs and would like to see them play well tomorrow, but honestly I can't root for a win. I want the best for this team, but a win isn't what's best for this team. If the Bucs play well against Seattle, that would do as much as a win. But, a loss could give us the 3rd pick in the draft (and no worse than 4th). A win will drop us most likely down to 6th or 7th depending on who wins the Cleveland vs. Houston game.

While that might not seem like a big drop, it most likely would guarantee that we don't get Thomas, Adams, or Johnson. Those three players are huge impact players that fill a major need. Once you get past them, the talent level drops off. You start to see players like WR Tedd Ginn Jr., DT Quinn Pit**CENSORED**, DT Amobi Okoye, and S LaRon Landry. While these are decent players, they don't jump out at you like the other 3. It's amazing how the quality drops once you get out of the top 5.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 30, 2006, 04:03:58 PM

While that might not seem like a big drop, it most likely would guarantee that we don't get Thomas, Adams, or Johnson. Those three players are huge impact players that fill a major need. Once you get past them, the talent level drops off. You start to see players like WR Tedd Ginn Jr., DT Quinn Pit**CENSORED**, DT Amobi Okoye, and S LaRon Landry. While these are decent players, they don't jump out at you like the other 3. It's amazing how the quality drops once you get out of the top 5.

It is why that "trade down" theory usually sounds good but the quality does tend to run thin quickly.

A win would mean more if anyone involved in winning meant diddly for the future but Rattay ain't the future so everything he does on that field is meaningless, for example. Ike Hilliard, heck even Galloway, as our leading WR means nada. Greg Spires dropping 2 sacks and DB getting a pick doesn't mean much either and that is basically the gist of what went well vs CLE other than the Phillips sighting and some nice plays by Stovall.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 30, 2006, 04:07:49 PM

Eactly...if Gradkowski was still the starter and was going to be the man in 2007 or if the Bucs had not put Simms on IR and he was able to come back and play in the last game, then I say it means something. But, honestly, other than getting some young kids some experience, this game means nothing...other than getting us a better pick. They might as well play all their young guys and see what they can do.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 30, 2006, 04:14:03 PM

Eactly...if Gradkowski was still the starter and was going to be the man in 2007 or if the Bucs had not put Simms on IR and he was able to come back and play in the last game, then I say it means something. But, honestly, other than getting some young kids some experience, this game means nothing...other than getting us a better pick. They might as well play all their young guys and see what they can do.

Which is why I still think the playing of the Rat at this point was a mistake. I know Grads "hit the wall" but mental toughness is a highly desirable trait in your QB, if he's such a marshmallow that having two more rough games means he tanks the rest of his career then find that out- if he fails the test he's not a guy we want anyways.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 30, 2006, 04:18:47 PM

Well, I don't mind seeing him benched for a couple games so he can see a vetran do it, but now that he has had some time to watch...why not put him back in and see if he does a little better. Then again, it also depends on the mood of the team. If the team has lost confidence in him...it might be better to give the team an offseason and have Grads come back and learn from the bench like some other people have had the chance to. Anyway, I trust Gruden knows what he is doing.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 30, 2006, 07:21:19 PM

Can someone clarify this....if the Giants win, does that mean all the other 7-8 teams are eliminated? Seeing as NYG holds the tiebreaker over all of them right now surely this would be the case..?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : December 30, 2006, 08:11:59 PM

Who cares about the Giants. Go ask their board.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooting for Washington « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools