Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooting for Washington « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : December 30, 2006, 08:12:50 PM

I hope the Foreskins win as well.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 30, 2006, 09:38:39 PM

So much for the Redskins actually showing up tonight as this is ridiculous - one of the highest paid teams in the NFL playing a panzy team like the Giants and they are getting their butts kicked at home.  What a bunch of losers.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 30, 2006, 10:40:51 PM

Tiki is a madman.  He sure doesn't look like he's mailing it in at the end of his career.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 30, 2006, 11:15:27 PM

Can someone clarify this....if the Giants win, does that mean all the other 7-8 teams are eliminated? Seeing as NYG holds the tiebreaker over all of them right now surely this would be the case..?

No the Giants have not clinched yet. If you assume the Packers upset the Bears sunday night, it will come down to strength of victory. And we don't know who wins that tie-breaker yet.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 30, 2006, 11:19:10 PM

Can someone clarify this....if the Giants win, does that mean all the other 7-8 teams are eliminated? Seeing as NYG holds the tiebreaker over all of them right now surely this would be the case..?

No the Giants have not clinched yet. If you assume the Packers upset the Bears sunday night, it will come down to strength of victory. And we don't know who wins that tie-breaker yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9817776
New York Giants can clinch playoff berth with:

1) NYG win + NYG clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over GB**, OR
2) NYG win + GB loss or tie, OR
3) NYG tie + GB loss or tie + STL loss or tie + ATL loss or tie + CAR loss or tie, OR
4) GB loss + STL loss + ATL loss + CAR loss

**N.Y. Giants clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over Green Bay if:

a) DET loses OR
b) MIN loses OR
c) any two of the following results occur: ARI loss, MIA loss, SF loss, CAR win, HOU win, TB win.

If NY Giants and Green Bay end up tied in strength of victory, then tie will be decided by best strength of schedule.

dukebuc

Practice Squad

#20 : December 30, 2006, 11:47:51 PM

As shocked as I am about all this....for all intents and purposes Giants are in....barring about 5 miracles or so.  Anything can happen as they say, but G-men are 99% in.  Who'da thunk it?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 31, 2006, 12:16:47 AM

Looks like neither team has any defense.

Gmen won't go far in the playoffs-Tiki ain't gone run fo 200+yards again next week.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 31, 2006, 03:24:37 AM

I always will remember Tiki rejoicing with his brother in our SB campaign. He is a class act and because of his support for Ronde/the Bucs, I will always wish him the best now and in the future. My wife was born and raised a Giant fan and always roots for both Barber brothers and both teams. It doesn't hurt that Tiki's record setting performance squashed any hopes that the fowlgoons and Panthers had of making the playoffs.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 31, 2006, 07:47:25 AM

You have to be happy for Tiki, and I hope he does well in the playoffs. That defense is going to be a problem for them though.

I was really hoping for a Skins win, because I felt as long as we were drafting top 5 we would still get either Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, or Gaines Adams because I, unlike most, think that after an outstanding combine Adrian Peterson will play into the top 4 somehow. Now if we win we drop to at least 6th unless Arizona can somehow find a way to take homefield advantage throughout the playoffs away from San Diego in San Diego, which is highly unlikely.

Honestly I think we will have a tough time NOT BEATING Seattle. Seattle has never played well on the East Coast, and although they don´t want to limp into the playoffs on a 4 game losing streak, they have already locked up their division and this game means absolutely nothing to them. Even if it did, I just feel like Seattle is a team that we match up really well against, and that is overrated the last couple of years due to their huge home field advantage.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rooting for Washington « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools