Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and staff to coach Senior Bowl? « previous next »
Page: 1

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: December 30, 2006, 03:50:25 PM

Typically it's the teams that finish with the worst records that end up coaching the Senior Bowl. Well, according to ESPN, Lions head coach Rod Marinelli...

"will have his left hip replaced. The 57-year-old previously had replacement surgery on his right hip, but now walks with a noticeable limp because of degeneration in his left hip joint.

The surgery means the Lions staff will not coach the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Jan. 27. Traditionally, the staffs of the two NFL teams with the worst records are assigned to coach the North and South teams."

So, if the Bucs lose this weekend and end up with the 3rd pick in the draft, that would put them in position to have the 3rd worst record in the league. I wonder if they would be selected to coach the Senior Bowl. How great would that be?

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

#1 : December 30, 2006, 04:08:34 PM

God I would hope we could...looking at the teams that could slip under us with a win, how many may have new head coaches?
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden and staff to coach Senior Bowl? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools