Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow Press Conference « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
: September 29, 2008, 03:20:20 PM

Before I post this link I want to point out that I am very aware of any potential FSU fans or Gator haters in general mocking Tebow for this.  To those of you who will do so, I will challenge each of you to find a QB who cares this much about his football team and his fans.  You can see the emotion in his eyes and how hard he took this loss.  I also challenge you to watch the whole clip, as his last words are very inspiring and made me gain so much more respect for the guy.  He has placed the loss squarely on his own shoulders and recognizes his role as the leader of this team.

People bash the NFL for its lack of passion...for players that don't even care as much about losing as long as they get their big paycheck.  And I tend to agree with this point.  As much as I love the NFL (even more so than I do college), you'd be hard pressed to find a player of any position to take a loss this hard, and then turn it into motivation to not ever feel like this again.

Tebow is driven.  He is dangerous now, folks, and so are the Gators.  I don't know if we'll lose another game, but what I do know is that if we do, it was not because of the lack of drive or effort from our leader and quarterback.  That is something that I feel the Gators are very fortunate to have.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1815852561

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 29, 2008, 03:23:00 PM

So because Tebow can't take a loss like a man, we're supposed to be impressed?  ???

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 29, 2008, 03:37:22 PM

So because Tebow can't take a loss like a man, we're supposed to be impressed?  ???

Hmm...seems to me your definition of 'man' is skewed...

Thanks for proving my first couple of sentences by the way.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 29, 2008, 04:05:08 PM

Hmm...seems to me your definition of 'man' is skewed...

Thanks for proving my first couple of sentences by the way.
So a man is supposed to cry like a little kid that just lost a little league game after every loss?
I don't think that  you understand what being a man is.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 29, 2008, 04:06:14 PM

I'll give him props for that.  Most people don't care enough (particularly in the NFL) to show that kind of emotion after a loss.  

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#5 : September 29, 2008, 04:21:32 PM

I'll give him props for that.  Most people don't care enough (particularly in the NFL) to show that kind of emotion after a loss.  
Damn.....I guess you need to go down to the little league park.  You've got some serious props to give out.
There's a reason that no one else at a college or pro level cries after every loss......

THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 29, 2008, 05:54:09 PM

So because Tebow can't take a loss like a man, we're supposed to be impressed? ???

Where did you see in that video, he didn't take it like a man?

He said they got beat. Hence he owned the loss. He took blame for the loss. And he vows to be the best player he can from here on out and be a leader for his team. He took on his hopes, his aspirations, he took the blame for not producing, and vowed to get better. And he said it with fire and emotion.

How is that not being a man???

He never whined -- he never cried. He was upset and rightfully so.

Get some glasses or take the hater blockers off.

PickSiXBuCC

Starter

#7 : September 29, 2008, 06:55:19 PM

Hes a little baby like you bucfan

royceks

Rookie

#8 : September 29, 2008, 08:35:25 PM

Hes a little baby like you bucfan
Waaay more of a man than you.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 29, 2008, 09:56:02 PM

So I guess all of you would call Mike Alstott, Emmit Smith, Brett Favre, etc. babies?  Love those double-standards that are expressed by those who are blinded by hatred and jealousy.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 30, 2008, 09:08:44 AM

So I guess all of you would call Mike Alstott, Emmit Smith, Brett Favre, etc. babies?  Love those double-standards that are expressed by those who are blinded by hatred and jealousy.
How dare you group those men with the childish Tebow?  Are you truly going to tell me that you think that those men cry after almost every loss?

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 30, 2008, 09:29:08 AM

I'll give him props for that. �Most people don't care enough (particularly in the NFL) to show that kind of emotion after a loss. �
Damn.....I guess you need to go down to the little league park.  You've got some serious props to give out.
There's a reason that no one else at a college or pro level cries after every loss......

THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!

Boy, you must be a manly man.  Look, I'm not saying people should collectively cry after every loss...but its nice to see a guy put so much into the game. 

Owen Schmitt teared up after WV won the Fiesta Bowl - he would eat you if he read this thread. haha. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Snook

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 30, 2008, 09:45:34 AM

I respect Tebow and we all know he's an emotional guy.  Nothing wrong with that.  And the guy can flat out play.  And he has NO reason whatsoever to apologize to Gator fans.  Anyone that question's Tebow's heart is a complete idiot.

That being said... if this were one of UF's rivals, there'd be a lot of UF people DOGGING the hell out of him. 

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 30, 2008, 10:44:56 AM

I respect Tebow and we all know he's an emotional guy.  Nothing wrong with that.  And the guy can flat out play.  And he has NO reason whatsoever to apologize to Gator fans.  Anyone that question's Tebow's heart is a complete idiot.

To be honest, it sounded like Tebow questioned his own heart .....

That being said... if this were one of UF's rivals, there'd be a lot of UF people DOGGING the hell out of him.

Ya think??  ;) 

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 30, 2008, 01:25:40 PM

I think Tebow is a very nice sensitive young boy.  That he cries after each game he loses is just so special.

Not sure I would describe it as manly.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tebow Press Conference « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools