Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden met privately with the Seahawks prior to the game « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« : December 31, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

I've learned that Coach Gruden met with the Seahawks prior to the game. During that meeting he conspired to with them to embarrass Mike Alsott in what may be his last game as a Buccaneer. Gruden implored the Seahawks defenders to gang up on Mike every play, to force him to fumble the ball away, to drop passes and to run for negative yardage.

Apparently there is no level to which Mr. Gruden will not stoop in order to shame the FB that he hates so much.

Of course I'm joking, but in listening to fans in the stands and the post-game radio callers, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. People actually were burned up that Alstott wasn't fed the ball 25-30 times. Apparently they didn't watch the same game I was watching, because every time Mike touched the ball he was creamed, and on plays in which he WASN'T given the ball he was still swarmed by 3-4 defenders.

Thank goodness I don't listen to 620 during the week, because the whiners are going to be out in full force.

« #1 : December 31, 2006, 05:57:21 PM »

Turk

It shows the lack of football mentality...remember Tim Brown's comment?  At the time ,it miffed me a bit, but more and more, I feel his remarks may hold considerable merit.

T

Hall of Famer

« #2 : December 31, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »

Seems to me that #40 is coming back next year, and this offensive line is garbage so Mike had zero holes to run through. Seattle does have a pretty decent defense also.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #3 : December 31, 2006, 06:11:19 PM »

Turk

It shows the lack of football mentality...remember Tim Brown's comment? At the time ,it miffed me a bit, but more and more, I feel his remarks may hold considerable merit.

what did Tim Brown say?  do tell!

« #4 : December 31, 2006, 06:13:54 PM »

Turk

It shows the lack of football mentality...remember Tim Brown's comment? At the time ,it miffed me a bit, but more and more, I feel his remarks may hold considerable merit.

what did Tim Brown say? do tell!
Don't remember exactly but he was talking about how the fans were wrong to boo Brad Johnson.

Pulling Guard

Second String

« #5 : December 31, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »

I was there today....

GOOBERVILLE.

I actually heard booing when alstott would come out of the game on third and packages. Tim Brown was right. Being there today made me glad that I chose to watch most of them on television this year.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #6 : December 31, 2006, 06:28:31 PM »

Tim Brown said something to the effect of Tampa fans don't know about football. At the time I thought he was crazy but now it seems he is right because most fans here don't seem to know what they are talking about.

« #7 : December 31, 2006, 06:29:59 PM »

Turk

It shows the lack of football mentality...remember Tim Brown's comment?  At the time ,it miffed me a bit, but more and more, I feel his remarks may hold considerable merit.

It was an ill advised comment, but even when he said it, I knew it was true.

« #8 : December 31, 2006, 06:32:26 PM »

Dan, watch it...some may read the first paragraph and go stomping off with their angry calls to the 620 crew.

« #9 : December 31, 2006, 06:34:04 PM »

TAMPA - Coach Jon Gruden disagrees with receiver Tim Brown's disparaging comments about Tampa Bay football fans, and lobbied for their support Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.

Brown, who joined the Bucs this season after 16 years as a Raider, criticized Tampa Bay fans during an interview Wednesday on Fox Sports Radio's J.T. "The Brick" Show, saying they did not compare to members of the Raider Nation in Oakland. Brown took issue with fans booing Bucs players.

"It's not really a football town," Brown said. "This is Tampa, the sun and fun and whatever, but it's not really a football town."
Gruden defended Tampa Bay fans.

"I just heard about those comments and I don't feel that way, I'll promise you that," Gruden said. "I do know that there have been some boos and things of that regard. Maybe some guys that have never been booed, ever, and it stings. But I don't feel that way. I know one thing, they motivate me. I respect every single one of them and we need a lot more from them this week. We need their help, big time."

Brown, a likely Hall of Fame receiver, was a target of boos from fans who objected to his frequent fair catches on punt returns.

Brown, who returned punts for several seasons with the Raiders, filled in for seven games for injured returner Joey Galloway, a role Brown did not anticipate when he signed with the Bucs. Brown's 8 yards per return is one below the league average. He called for fair catches on 12 of 18 punts he fielded.

Brown started the first three games of the season at receiver but yielded the position to rookie Michael Clayton in Week 4. Brown has 20 catches, none the past four weeks.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : December 31, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »

Sapp made even harsher comments about Tampa fans.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #11 : December 31, 2006, 06:41:26 PM »

I thought those comments were just from some disgruntled WR back then, but now I know better.

« #12 : December 31, 2006, 06:51:03 PM »

I thought those comments were just from some disgruntled WR back then, but now I know better.
Agreed.

« #13 : January 01, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »

Tim Brown said something to the effect of Tampa fans don't know about football. At the time I thought he was crazy but now it seems he is right because most fans here don't seem to know what they are talking about.

I sadly agree

ABN

Starter
« #14 : January 01, 2007, 03:11:20 PM »

Alstott has been my hero. He is the only player’s jersey I have worn in 30 years perfect attendance. I hate to see him retire. Also, I hate to see him embarrass himself.
Diminished physical ability will show up on short yardage ball carriers more obviously than any other position. He is under the microscope and his success or lack there of is so easily measured.
Alstott will go down in history as one of the best Buccaneers, maybe not in statistics but in heart and character.
All the best to Alstott and his family.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gruden met privately with the Seahawks prior to the game « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools