Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas audition tomorrow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: December 31, 2006, 07:33:58 PM

Another top 5 prospect is going to be playing, Joe Thomas. Everyone should check out the Wisconsin vs. Arkansas game tomorrow to get a good look at Joe Thomas, I think you will be impressed. I have seen him play several times and he is an absolute stud left tackle.

Baghead #2

#1 : December 31, 2006, 07:34:32 PM

Yep, thanks for reminding me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 31, 2006, 07:35:13 PM

Dear sweet jesus the Bucs need Thomas worse than I need Bucsguru-Away spray...

#3 : December 31, 2006, 07:36:04 PM

Dear sweet jesus the Bucs need Thomas worse than I need Bucsguru-Away spray...
Hmm...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 31, 2006, 07:40:15 PM

Arkansas has a good DE as well in Jamal Anderson, he leads the SEC in sacks so it should be a good matchup.

Baghead #2

#5 : December 31, 2006, 07:42:07 PM

Arkansas has a good DE as well in Jamal Anderson, he leads the SEC in sacks so it should be a good matchup.
Is Anderson a Jr.?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 31, 2006, 08:07:05 PM

Is Anderson a Jr.?

He is not senior so I am thinking he is a Junior. Thomas will have a legit DE to go against so it should be a good indicator of his ability. As I said Anderson leads the SEC in sacks so he is a competant pass rushing DE. I think Joe Thomas will eliminate him from the game, seen Thomas play several times.

Baghead #2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 01, 2007, 04:22:08 PM

A very long time to keep your fingers crossed isn't it Dal.  

Supposing the bucs do get Thomas, I still think they need to get a FA center - folks keep mentioning Steinbach but I don't know enough about him - but the bucs need someone that can make line calls and block.  Then they have a full boat of NFL talent - would be nice to get an OL coach who can make it all work.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 01, 2007, 09:49:40 AM

I heard that he grades out better than D'Brick did.   Who else better to protect our QB?  We've gone this far on the line...One last piece major piece and we are set for the next decade.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 01, 2007, 09:54:12 AM

He makes so many things so much better if we get him. I just see a lot of teams (OAK and CLE) that need the exact same player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

watson

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 01, 2007, 10:37:11 AM

He makes so many things so much better if we get him. I just see a lot of teams (OAK and CLE) that need the exact same player.
Dal,
When you look at Oakland, do you see their bigger need as a QB, WR or OL?

For Detroit, is their biggest need a: DL, OL or QB?

For Cleverland (if they draft ahead of the Bucs) is their biggest need a:  RB, OL, DL or WR?

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 01, 2007, 10:51:19 AM

OAK needs, really, really, needs a LOT. They apparently like Calvin a bunch according to reports but LOT is a bigger value spot than WR. I think they go Calvin but they needs Thomas.

DET won't go LOT, I thjnk, because of the deal they gave Backus.

CLE has needs at RB and LOT. They don't need the WR but if QB gets to them of course they'll go there. No sure Adams fits their defensive scheme, if Crennel survives.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2007, 12:04:30 PM

Drafting him would allow us to move Davis to Guard or even RT.  It would give us more depth and flexibility along the lines and free up our TE to make catches instead of chip blocking all day and which would also allow us to run more 3 WR plays.   LT is one of the 3 most important positions on a team.  Do we really want a mediocre undrafted player manning it?  This pick, although not popular with many here would be our best option.  And for those who are comparing him to Robert Gallery, which I am guessing is primarily because he is white, he is 6'8" 315 (roughly the same size as Trueblood) and runs a sub 5 forty.  He was originally a TE and is athletic enough to play on the defensive line at Wisconsin.  Also UW OLinemen are very well coached and NFL ready.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 01, 2007, 01:58:08 PM

I don't think Thomas is that tall. Every place I have read has him listed as 6'6 1/2" and 313. Even at that size it's pretty darn good. The big key is his wingspan. Also, I have been watching this game. This guy is good. He has amazing technique. He gets his hands on the defender and manhandles them. He only has let a DE get near the QB once and he stayed between the DE and the QB and made the DE run by and the QB stepped up. Unfortunately for Wisconsin...the RT blew his block and the QB was sacked. So far I like what I see.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 01, 2007, 01:52:43 PM

Oakland drafted an OT with the second pick on 2004. Do you think they'll want to do that again? Gallery has 4 years left on his deal and he is going to be making over $2 million in 2007 and 2008. That's a hefty price for a guy who was their backup. I just don't know if the Raiders would draft another LT so soon. I think they might make a run at a free agent if anything.

I think the Raiders have to draft Brady Quinn or trade down. A lot of people talk about Johnson, but the Raiders do have Moss and Curry. I think Moss is a cancer and he only has 2 years left on his deal with the Raiders but the only way Calvin Johnson is drafted is if the Raiders can cut or trade Moss. They won't take ANY cap hit because Moss' cap is all base salary. What good is having 3 WRs and no QB.

Right now the Raiders have no QB at all. Walter threw 3 TDs and 13 INTs. I know he is young, but he was a 3rd round pick and couldn't beat out Aaron freaking Brooks. Quinn is going to be there. He is clearly the #1 QB coming out and the Raiders have a chance to draft a franchise QB. Look at their team...will a LOT make them that much better in the next 2-3 years? I don't think so. Will a good QB...yes. Then again...I don't know a lot about Walter. So maybe they do really like him. If they do (shutters at the thought) then I guess LT or a WR is an option.

The value in the #1 pick though is going to be Quinn. They could trade down with Cleveland and still get Thomas. Cleveland could draft Quinn (and jump over Det who wants him and who won't take another WR) and then be there at #3 and take either Thomas or Johnson. If the Raiders are smart...that's what they will do. If Brohm comes out...I still think Detroit takes a QB...it could be Russell too.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas audition tomorrow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools