Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas audition tomorrow « previous next »
Page: 1 2

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 01, 2007, 01:30:15 PM

The Bucs need a decent C too.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 01, 2007, 01:34:28 PM

So far so good for Thomas, he got that DE completely turned around and standing straight up at the line of scrimmage

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 01, 2007, 01:36:20 PM

The Bucs need a decent C too.

I'd rather go FA for a Center since they make the calls and experience is crucial.

#18 : January 01, 2007, 01:44:16 PM

Steinbach @ C

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 01, 2007, 11:00:50 PM

The big key is his wingspan. Also, I have been watching this game. This guy is good. He has amazing technique. He gets his hands on the defender and manhandles them. He only has let a DE get near the QB once and he stayed between the DE and the QB and made the DE run by and the QB stepped up. Unfortunately for Wisconsin...the RT blew his block and the QB was sacked.

That's what I was thinking, too. I saw his wingspan and was amazed. But I was even more awestruck by his technique and footwork. While the rest of the line is getting their manhood stolen he's treating his responsibility like he stole something. IMO this guy is going to be a beast at the next level... hopefully donning the pewter and red.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 01, 2007, 11:05:25 PM

A very long time to keep your fingers crossed isn't it Dal. 

Supposing the bucs do get Thomas, I still think they need to get a FA center - folks keep mentioning Steinbach but I don't know enough about him - but the bucs need someone that can make line calls and block.  Then they have a full boat of NFL talent - would be nice to get an OL coach who can make it all work. 

Ohara is an option as well.  And yes a good OL coach would help too.

zed

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 01, 2007, 11:18:29 PM

Looks like we're going to need a Center who can do the shotgun.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joe Thomas audition tomorrow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools