Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: how to « previous next »
Page: 1

netsbucscardsfan

Second String

: January 01, 2007, 05:27:52 PM

make this offseason a succesful one

1st get Freeney at all costs, there are no DE's as good as freeney in this draft and there are a lot of talented linebackers in the draft. we have to get freeney he is the best pass rusher in the league and our defense will improve dramatically

2nd move rice trade him for a 3rd round pick

3rd bring in a vet qb either resign rattay or bring in garcia to compete for the starting job

4th draft time
 1st round pick calvin johnson( With Johnson and Galloway there isnt a chance in hell we'd see any 8 man fronts next year),,,

2nd round: earl everett or lawrence timmons 

2nd rd pick:  marcus thomas or brandon merriweather

3rd round pick: ryan khalil or dan mozes

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#1 : January 01, 2007, 05:50:43 PM

My starting lineup for 2007

QB- Simms (if Troy smith drops to the 2nd round then i hope we get him)
HB-Caddy, Pitt, Graham
FB-Sowell
WR-Galloway,Clayton,Stovall,(make a trade or draft another WR with speed)
TE-Tony Gonzalez, Alex Smith
LT-Leonard Davis
LG-buenning and davis
C-?
RG-Davin
RT-Trueblood

LE-Gaines Adams and resign White
RE-Rice (White will take over as starter in 2008 but will be in heavy rotation in 07
DT Hovan and Draft a stud DT or make a trade
*******this will be a o-line worse night mare ADAMS, HOVAN, (ALAN BRANCH), RICE=20 SACKS BY d-LINE BY IT SELF
SLB-Quarrells ( If he is not cut)
MLB-Ruud
WOLB- Cato June, Buster Davis or Lawrence Timmons (hopefully Brroks retires, we are rebuilding)
CB-Barber, Clements, Buchanon
FS-Brandon Merriweather (3rd rd pick)
SS-Michael Lewis

So basically my draft would go like this:
1st-Adams
2nd-DT
2nd-Buster or Timmons
3rd-Merriweather

And in FA, Clements, Maybe Gonzalez,If we dont draft a DT then get one here via trade, And Michael Lewis

Clements is the only player that will require a big contract, and we can  clear about 3 million by trading or releasing kelly, I love Kelly but he has become a lil injury prone. I dont think we will have to break the bank to get gonzalez. Same for Cato june, And Lewis contract shouldnt be much at all. If we cant get Clements then i think we should go after Asante Samuel

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 01, 2007, 07:04:48 PM

The Colts have said numerous times that they won't let Freeney get away.  They will make the necessary moves to free up cap space and resign him.

#3 : January 01, 2007, 07:16:52 PM

The Colts have said numerous times that they won't let Freeney get away. They will make the necessary moves to free up cap space and resign him.
God I hope they release Wayne....

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#4 : January 01, 2007, 07:18:25 PM

DE Charles Grant, LB Lance Briggs, Nate Clements Draft Picks: C. Johnson, FS-Brandon Merriweather  are on my wishlist.

#5 : January 01, 2007, 07:59:27 PM

The Colts have said numerous times that they won't let Freeney get away. They will make the necessary moves to free up cap space and resign him.
They will franchise him.

#6 : January 01, 2007, 08:01:28 PM

They will franchise him.
Eh I know, but Wayne would be our answer since I talked to Larry and he said he likes Quiznos a lot....

bklynbucs11

Starter

#7 : January 01, 2007, 08:01:58 PM

THey gave Reggie Wayne a 5-year extention this season. THe only thing they can do with Freeney is franchise him.

#8 : January 01, 2007, 08:22:10 PM

My starting lineup for 2007

QB- Simms (if Troy smith drops to the 2nd round then i hope we get him)
HB-Caddy, Pitt, Graham
FB-Sowell
WR-Galloway,Clayton,Stovall,(make a trade or draft another WR with speed)
TE-Tony Gonzalez, Alex Smith
LT-Leonard Davis
LG-buenning and davis
C-?
RG-Davin
RT-Trueblood

LE-Gaines Adams and resign White
RE-Rice (White will take over as starter in 2008 but will be in heavy rotation in 07
DT Hovan and Draft a stud DT or make a trade
*******this will be a o-line worse night mare ADAMS, HOVAN, (ALAN BRANCH), RICE=20 SACKS BY d-LINE BY IT SELF
SLB-Quarrells ( If he is not cut)
MLB-Ruud
WOLB- Cato June, Buster Davis or Lawrence Timmons (hopefully Brroks retires, we are rebuilding)
CB-Barber, Clements, Buchanon
FS-Brandon Merriweather (3rd rd pick)
SS-Michael Lewis

So basically my draft would go like this:
1st-Adams
2nd-DT
2nd-Buster or Timmons
3rd-Merriweather

And in FA, Clements, Maybe Gonzalez,If we dont draft a DT then get one here via trade, And Michael Lewis

Clements is the only player that will require a big contract, and we can clear about 3 million by trading or releasing kelly, I love Kelly but he has become a lil injury prone. I dont think we will have to break the bank to get gonzalez. Same for Cato june, And Lewis contract shouldnt be much at all. If we cant get Clements then i think we should go after Asante Samuel

the way i've seen Cato June get run over the past few weeks, i'll pass.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 01, 2007, 09:03:22 PM

Freeney only at the right price and I am not in favor of cutting/trading Rice unless we get at least a second round pick for him.  Briggs but I would top out at $6 million per year.  Clements for the right price and hope Brian Kelly can come back healthy.  Draft Brandon Meriweather, Timmons if he is available at the top of the second round although think he will be gone by the middle of the first round and for our first pick either Quinn, Thomas or Adams.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: how to « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools