Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF 5-1 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #15 : October 02, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »

funny you bring up Rutgers, a horrible call there changed the entire scenario of that game as well.  Difference was that was in the 2nd half

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #16 : October 02, 2008, 09:07:46 PM »

That incompetence spreads out across all officiating.  It's becoming unbearable to watch colelge or pr football any more because of the number of horrible calls in games that are starting to influence outcomes.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #17 : October 02, 2008, 09:15:07 PM »

...on 3rd and 13 yet another penalty keeps another Pitt drive alive resulting in a FG.... and USF dlinemen are dropping like flies.. No more Thursday night games for USF, EVER

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #18 : October 02, 2008, 09:16:11 PM »

I think there have been some bad calls and non-calls for both teams.

USF just isn't playing well.  Their DB's are mugging the WR and they don't even have to really.  Looks like poor coaching, because every time a deep ball is thrown (or underthrown) the DB is not gettign in position and just bumping the WR.  They could have called a PI on that last drive, when the WR got mugged again in the end zone.  But I bet they thought a riot would happen if they called Pi against USF again.  The offense looks out of sync.  They need to run the ball more to set up the pass.

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #19 : October 02, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »

...on 3rd and 13 yet another penalty keeps another Pitt drive alive resulting in a FG.... and USF dlinemen are dropping like flies.. No more Thursday night games for USF, EVER

It was a legit call though, and really could have called another one if they wanted in the end zone to set up a possible TD.

Good news for USF is they played about as bad as they could, and are only down 10.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #20 : October 02, 2008, 09:19:13 PM »

The offense looked fine on the first drive that was killed by a bad call.  Then Pitt held the ball for almost 8 minutes on a drive kept alive by two bad calls.  Then the offense looked bad for 3 plays.  

The PI/holding calls need to work both ways.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #21 : October 02, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »

That call may have been legit (I don't like it though, the pass was well short and probably not going to be caught).  Hte first PI in the end zone on the the go ahead TD drive is questionable.  that happens all the time in the end zone with no call and there was almost no chance that guy catches the ball and comes down in bounds.

Hopefully they'll settle down over half time and the calls will even out.  Like I said last years brutal call against Rutgers took place in the 2nd half and we couldn't recover.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #22 : October 02, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »

T.O.P. for USF in the first half only 8 and half minutes :o

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

« #23 : October 02, 2008, 09:25:38 PM »

That call may have been legit (I don't like it though, the pass was well short and probably not going to be caught).  Hte first PI in the end zone on the the go ahead TD drive is questionable.  that happens all the time in the end zone with no call and there was almost no chance that guy catches the ball and comes down in bounds.

Hopefully they'll settle down over half time and the calls will even out.  Like I said last years brutal call against Rutgers took place in the 2nd half and we couldn't recover.

That Rutgers game was terrible....  At least now they have halftime to regroup and  hopefully can come out focused and play much better in the 2nd half. I'd like to think if they can come back from a 17pt hole against KU, they can come back against Pitt

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #24 : October 02, 2008, 09:28:03 PM »

Me too, of course they weren't being completely hosed in the KU game and KU is kind of one dimensional.  We'll see in the 2nd half

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #25 : October 02, 2008, 09:35:49 PM »

I don't really see either team getting hosed right now.

I have seen a call or 2 bad or that could have gone either way for both teams.

Then again, I am not rooting for either team so that may have something to do with it.

USF is just not playing well but I expect them to come out 2nd half and play better.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #26 : October 02, 2008, 09:44:44 PM »

That was defensive PI just not called even though the Bulls receiver appeared to make the catch anyway.  Tyye've been hosed at least 3 times and those calls were crucial.

Those calls didn't cause teh DB to get burned on the first TD or to be out of position and get a PI on the last FG.

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #27 : October 02, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »

What game are you watching?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #28 : October 02, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »

Are you saying the DB was grabbing the WR arm before the ball got there?   Doesn't matter.  They called the holding down on the goal line.  Calls may even out in the 2nd half. 

That was a good methodical drive just like the one that was killed by the bad holding call in the first half.  Need a strong defensive stand right here.

LFO

Hall of Famer

« #29 : October 02, 2008, 09:55:24 PM »

You could say the holding in end zone was bogus as well.

I'd say the officials are calling it consistently...now whether consistently bad that is another question. 
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF 5-1 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools