Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pittman appreciation « previous next »
Page: 1

coopsxx

Starter
: January 01, 2007, 10:14:38 AM

he needs more because as you can see the guy can play and the fact that he hasn't **CENSORED**ed and moaned at a lack of plays this season is huge. The guy is versatile as hell and a heck of a team player, he's the kind of guy that will stick around for a while.

#1 : January 01, 2007, 10:27:38 AM

Huuuge Pittman supporter and hope he finishes his career a Buccaneer for sure!!  ;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 01, 2007, 10:53:37 AM

I have definitely warmed to Pittman over the years.

Most of it having to do with him taking a demotion, so to speak, but also being team guy without creating a media stir.  He is a great Buc.

#3 : January 01, 2007, 10:55:25 AM

Very true Boid, because he has managed to stay out of trouble and has laid very low the past 3+ years and has given this team his all.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 01, 2007, 11:01:04 AM

Pittman is a great backup RB and a superb 3rd down back. As long as he's not our 200+ carriiesw per year feature guy I love what he brings to the table.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 01, 2007, 11:01:50 AM

Very true Boid, because he has managed to stay out of trouble and has laid very low the past 3+ years and has given this team his all.
Amen.

Pittman is a great backup RB and a superb 3rd down back. As long as he's not our 200+ carriiesw per year feature guy I love what he brings to the table.
Amen.

#6 : January 01, 2007, 11:25:13 AM

Though i'm no fan of his "sonic the hedgehog" running style, he's a valuable part of this team and I, too, have warmed to him a lil bit. My brother is a big fan of his and stated yesterday that he's the most consistent player we've had on offense this year. That not really saying much but(as Gruden likes to say) its a "credit to him".

#7 : January 01, 2007, 11:50:50 AM

Since his well-documented off-field issues a few years ago, Pittman has been a model citizen.  I admit, he was on my "doo-doo" list for a time.

But seeing him progress in his personal life and actually meeting him and speaking with him a number of times, I must say that all the kudos in the world go out to him.

He IS a team player and is truly an asset to this team.

fessy

Second String

#8 : January 01, 2007, 11:55:43 AM

ditto on that.  He is still with his beautiful wife.  They had some issues in the past, but they seem to be happy now.  He never once **CENSORED**ed about less playing time.  I hope we use him the last quarter of the year next year.....as our feature back.  If Caddy hits a wall, we shouldn't hesitate to start Pittman.  Maybe that will draw a little fire from Caddy.  It seems as if Caddy was just given the job....I think Pittman makes defensive coordinators cringe when they have to matchup against him.

If we can ever get our "Rocket" backfield starting, it would be very scary.

#9 : January 01, 2007, 11:55:59 AM

I had this arguement with my brother in law a few weeks ago on wether or not Pittman is on steroids, and
he swears to God he is where I don't think so because he would have been busted and suspended repeatedly.
I mean if several others can get busted and suspended, and Pittman looks like the Incredible Hulk bustin out of his uniform, then surely they would have approached and tested him many times already.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 01, 2007, 11:59:57 AM

Have to agree. Pittman has certainly turned the corner it seems in his personal life and has contributed mightily to the Bucs this year. Don't want to see him as a feature back -- the fumblitis still haunts me, but he is an asset to the offense and I hope the #32 jersey stays right where it belongs.

#11 : January 01, 2007, 12:17:31 PM

Agreed. After seeing Pittman the last few weeks I don't think we need to draft a back to complement Caddy.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pittman appreciation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools