Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ and Joe Thomas about to play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: January 01, 2007, 02:32:26 PM

Watching Q1 on DVR for UW right now. The UW line is getting beat up with the 5 man front but Thomas has erased his guy. There's a lot of stuff coming inside vs Keith Jackson and on the right side with Jamaal Anderson but Thomas has just nullified his man every time he's played save one but watching it it looks like Stocco retreated back from pressure up the middle into a guy Thomas was riding around the pocket.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 01, 2007, 05:42:43 PM

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield. I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

I'd love either pick, but one thing to consider is that there are several FA options for DE, and not much at LOT

There never is.  Teams don't let the good ones go.  Very few teams even have competent backups.  They are that rare.

#2 : January 01, 2007, 05:16:05 PM

From what I saw today, Calvin Johnson could set the league on fire, and Joe Thomas is a brick wall!  I'm working on a master plan where we get both of them.  I know it's going to involve Larry Brackins, I'm just not sure how yet.

ROFLMAO  ;D  funny, thanx for that.   :D

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 01, 2007, 04:48:46 PM

From what I saw today, Calvin Johnson could set the league on fire, and Joe Thomas is a brick wall!  I'm working on a master plan where we get both of them.  I know it's going to involve Larry Brackins, I'm just not sure how yet.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 01, 2007, 04:48:08 PM

That's what I meant.  Thanks. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 01, 2007, 04:44:26 PM

BTW, Rose Bowl is up and "consolation prize" Alan Branch will be on display if anyone wants to keep track of that.

Do you know his current overall rank Dal? 

You mean his draft position? I see him sitting in that 6-8 range in most of the drafts.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 01, 2007, 04:41:07 PM

BTW, Rose Bowl is up and "consolation prize" Alan Branch will be on display if anyone wants to keep track of that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 01, 2007, 04:43:24 PM

Do you know his current overall rank Dal? 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 01, 2007, 04:40:07 PM

How hard is it to find a franchise LOT in this league?  It's almost impossible to pry them from teams once they get ahold of them.

If Thomas grades out as highly as he appears, and the Bucs have a chance to get him, they have to take him.  DE and DTs hit the market all the time (we've just been so screwed up in the cap for so long, we haven't been able to play the FA market like other teams), and you can get situational guys in every round of the draft if you need a pass rusher or a run stuffer, and still be successful.

You just can't run out there with a LT that's great at pass protection or run blocking, but not both.

There's really not that many franchise LT's in the league anymore; if you have a chance at one, you have to take him.

I agree with you 100%

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 01, 2007, 04:37:18 PM

Thomas was everything advertised today that's for sure. I didn't see anything that didn't say he's the real deal. ARK threw everything and the kitchen sink at him and he held up all day long.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 01, 2007, 04:35:49 PM

How hard is it to find a franchise LOT in this league?  It's almost impossible to pry them from teams once they get ahold of them.

If Thomas grades out as highly as he appears, and the Bucs have a chance to get him, they have to take him.  DE and DTs hit the market all the time (we've just been so screwed up in the cap for so long, we haven't been able to play the FA market like other teams), and you can get situational guys in every round of the draft if you need a pass rusher or a run stuffer, and still be successful.

You just can't run out there with a LT that's great at pass protection or run blocking, but not both.

There's really not that many franchise LT's in the league anymore; if you have a chance at one, you have to take him.

sachanta

Rookie
#11 : January 01, 2007, 04:30:13 PM

Owen Schmitt and Jamal Anderson are Juniors

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2007, 04:28:35 PM

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield. I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

Now if he is just available when the bucs pick, and no one does anything silly. 

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 01, 2007, 04:17:05 PM

Other better players to watch are Owen Schmitt , fullback from West Virginia and Jamal Anderson (DE) from Arkansas

I hear ya about Schmitt...he looks like vintage A-train.  Is he a Sr?

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

#14 : January 01, 2007, 04:12:07 PM

Wow...the guy against Thomas isn't getting crap.

that has been the story all season lomg, the man is a bonafied stud!

I hate to do it, but I agree with Turbo ; ). Thomas has been literally dominating every front 7 he's faced all year. I agree there are a handful of guys who could be huge improvements on the BUcs team. Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, Calvin Johnson, Brady Quinn, JaMarcus Russell, Dwayne Jarrett. Its almost too bad we dont need a RB, because Adrian Peterson is maybe the best player in the draft
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ and Joe Thomas about to play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools