Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ and Joe Thomas about to play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 01, 2007, 04:04:17 PM

Sepe, I would still rather have Adams or Thomas before CJ.  The team starts and dies with both lines, and both need reinforcements.

same, we have to stick with the plan

sachanta

Rookie
#16 : January 01, 2007, 03:49:22 PM

Other better players to watch are Owen Schmitt , fullback from West Virginia and Jamal Anderson (DE) from Arkansas

#17 : January 01, 2007, 03:28:57 PM

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield. I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

Yeah, that's where I am too. Like other people have said, I like our options at DE in free agency better than I like the LOT options out there. Plus, if it comes to it, I'm considerably more comfortable with the idea of the sorts of DEs who will be available in round 2 than I am the idea of the sorts of LOTs who would be available in rd 2.

I agree, and I agree with the idea of drafting a DE in the second round. Maybe with BOTH second rounders...
What about White? I mean the kid was sparring with one of the best LT's in the game and beat him at least 5-8 times.

White looked great against Seattle, but where the heck was he the rest of the season? Is he a guy that can be successful as a full time starter? Or is he a lights-out rotational guy?
That's what we have to find out..
I'd think about taking the DE from CMU (Bazuin) in the 2nd or 3rd. He's small(ish), but I think he'd be a really solid pass rusher for us.

Depending on who we sign, I might go CJ in the 1st, and a safety in the 2nd like Michael Griffin.
I would love Bazuin.....

Larry Brackins

Starter
#18 : January 01, 2007, 03:27:49 PM

I'd think about taking the DE from CMU (Bazuin) in the 2nd or 3rd. He's small(ish), but I think he'd be a really solid pass rusher for us.

Depending on who we sign, I might go CJ in the 1st, and a safety in the 2nd like Michael Griffin.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 01, 2007, 03:26:43 PM

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield. I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

Yeah, that's where I am too. Like other people have said, I like our options at DE in free agency better than I like the LOT options out there. Plus, if it comes to it, I'm considerably more comfortable with the idea of the sorts of DEs who will be available in round 2 than I am the idea of the sorts of LOTs who would be available in rd 2.

I agree, and I agree with the idea of drafting a DE in the second round. Maybe with BOTH second rounders...
What about White? I mean the kid was sparring with one of the best LT's in the game and beat him at least 5-8 times.

White looked great against Seattle, but where the heck was he the rest of the season?  Is he a guy that can be successful as a full time starter?  Or is he a lights-out rotational guy?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 01, 2007, 03:25:02 PM

Nice to see the old sig back, Boid.  Still stronger than all, eh?

#21 : January 01, 2007, 03:20:34 PM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 01, 2007, 03:17:43 PM

I agree, and I agree with the idea of drafting a DE in the second round.  Maybe with BOTH second rounders...

acacius

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 01, 2007, 03:16:26 PM

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield.  I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

Yeah, that's where I am too.  Like other people have said, I like our options at DE in free agency better than I like the LOT options out there.  Plus, if it comes to it, I'm considerably more comfortable with the idea of the sorts of DEs who will be available in round 2 than I am the idea of the sorts of LOTs who would be available in rd 2.

/would also be quite happy with CJ

#24 : January 01, 2007, 03:13:27 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it alternates per round between the Bucs and Browns, right? So basically
1 - winner
2- loser
3- winner
4- loser

ect.?

#25 : January 01, 2007, 03:10:52 PM

Today Calvin Johnson has jumped Gaines Adams on my wishlist.  As of now (without considering free ageny) I'd have to go with Thomas, Johnson, and Adams in that order.
That's what I'd expect from most people, perhaps a few have that slotted around differently, but I think with the options at DE (Grant, Freeney, Smith, ect.) it looks like we can fill that gap beforehand, LT and WR on the other hand...not so much.

#26 : January 01, 2007, 03:11:16 PM

I'd love either pick, but one thing to consider is that there are several FA options for DE, and not much at LOT
Now the question to ask is, will he last in the draft?
We really need to win that damn coin toss.

I've been thinking about this. I think we are going to win the toss because there is no way God would reward a team with Kellen Winslow Jr on it. It's a done deal.
But he's a freaking soldier man.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 01, 2007, 03:09:36 PM

Today Calvin Johnson has jumped Gaines Adams on my wishlist.  As of now (without considering free ageny) I'd have to go with Thomas, Johnson, and Adams in that order.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 01, 2007, 03:10:42 PM

I'd love either pick, but one thing to consider is that there are several FA options for DE, and not much at LOT

I've been thinking about this.  I think we are going to win the toss because there is no way God would reward a team with Kellen Winslow Jr on it.  It's a done deal.

#29 : January 01, 2007, 03:08:04 PM

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ and Joe Thomas about to play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools