Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ and Joe Thomas about to play « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #30 : January 01, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »

It seems like the consensus is that if we can land a FA DE we should draft Joe Thomas is available, if not then we may look at Gaines or CJ, amongst other options.  Of course you also have the 'special people' who want AP no matter what...
LMAO!!

Word.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : January 01, 2007, 03:07:58 PM »

LOT>WR, I agree with that but Calvin is a heck of a player.

I'm through 2 quarters and Thomas had an issue on one pass rush where he didn't get position in that quarter but other than that he's been a real force. UW isn't running enough to let me see what he does on that front but when they have run he seems to turn his man out well and he looks like a position blocker more than a push blocker.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 01, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »

Say what you will about CJ and his great ability, but Thomas looks to be a better choice for the Bucs right now. He has just flat out dominated his guy. To me, having someone on the line like that is more important than having a monster at WR.
I agree with this...

Me too.  Having an all-world WR doesn't help much when your QB is on his ass.

« #33 : January 01, 2007, 03:06:50 PM »

It seems like the consensus is that if we can land a FA DE we should draft Joe Thomas is available, if not then we may look at Gaines or CJ, amongst other options.  Of course you also have the 'special people' who want AP no matter what...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #34 : January 01, 2007, 03:06:10 PM »

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield. I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

I'd love either pick, but one thing to consider is that there are several FA options for DE, and not much at LOT
Now the question to ask is, will he last in the draft?

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #35 : January 01, 2007, 03:06:15 PM »

Thomas has been fantastic , CJ has been even better. I still don't think we should go OL with our first pick, but I could not argue with CJ.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #36 : January 01, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »

I think Calvin Johnson will be the best WR in the NFL by his 3rd season. You can call that premature if you like, but hey, that's what these boards are for!
Right right.

But guys like Rogers, guys like BMW all looked like real deal cats, and you just never know what you are gonna get. Forrest Gump said that once. Wise man he was.

Neither of those guys looked like CJ to me.  They both looked great, but CJ still looks better.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #37 : January 01, 2007, 03:05:11 PM »

From what I have been watching, Thomas is the real deal Holyfield. I want him a bit more than Adams, just because it has been forever since the Bucs had a bonafide O-line that moved people around the field.

I'd love either pick, but one thing to consider is that there are several FA options for DE, and not much at LOT

« #38 : January 01, 2007, 03:04:51 PM »

Say what you will about CJ and his great ability, but Thomas looks to be a better choice for the Bucs right now. He has just flat out dominated his guy. To me, having someone on the line like that is more important than having a monster at WR.
I agree with this...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #39 : January 01, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #40 : January 01, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

I think Calvin Johnson will be the best WR in the NFL by his 3rd season.  You can call that premature if you like, but hey, that's what these boards are for!
Right right.

But guys like Rogers, guys like BMW all looked like real deal cats, and you just never know what you are gonna get.  Forrest Gump said that once.  Wise man he was.

« #41 : January 01, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »

Sepe, I would still rather have Adams or Thomas before CJ.  The team starts and dies with both lines, and both need reinforcements.
Couldn't agree more...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #42 : January 01, 2007, 03:01:40 PM »

I've been flipping back and forth.  Both of these kids are MONSTERS!  I think the Bucc's slogan for the 2007 draft is "Can't go wrong!"
No doubt that guys like AP, Adams, Thomas, and CJ are great college athletes that seem to translate well into the Pro ranks.  With the Pick the Bucs get, it can't go wrong, for sure.

Unless they draft AP, IMO.  Or Quinn.  Then I will be severely pissed off.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #43 : January 01, 2007, 03:01:19 PM »

I think Calvin Johnson will be the best WR in the NFL by his 3rd season.  You can call that premature if you like, but hey, that's what these boards are for!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #44 : January 01, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »

Sepe, I would still rather have Adams or Thomas before CJ.  The team starts and dies with both lines, and both need reinforcements.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ and Joe Thomas about to play « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools