Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora Fired! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

nflinsider

Starter

: January 01, 2007, 05:01:55 PM

I know a lot of people are down on Vick, but he still had an OK season. Yes his QB rating was only 75, but he did throw 20 TDs to 13 INTs. His biggest problem was his completion percentage but look at who he has at WR. Their leading receiver was a TE and the best WR was Roddy freaking White. Michael Clayton and Ike Hilliard could both start for Atlanta. I mean we had Galloway who got all our passes and Clayton and Hilliard still put up numbers that rival Atlanta's starters. If I am the Falcons, I push hard for drafting a WR and signing a free agent and then spending the rest of their time building their D and maybe add an O-lineman.

Because they are locked into Vick, they better trade Schaub now and get a 1st round pick for him.

His leading receiver was a TE because he's not seeing the field. His problem is he cant sit in the pocket, read the defense, find an open receiver and time a well thrown pass. If his first option is taken away he tucks the ball and runs. He has a run first mentality and always will. The guy is an incredible athlete, just not a very good QB. The next coach is doomed to the same fate as Mora as long as Vick is QB...

#1 : January 01, 2007, 03:30:44 PM

Yessssssssss!! he got fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Why would you want that? He's a horrible coach, would've been great to keep him in our division.

Bucnation619

Second String

#2 : January 01, 2007, 03:26:26 PM

Yessssssssss!! he got fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

ABN

Starter
#3 : January 01, 2007, 03:15:56 PM

McKay is interviewing Gruden for falcon coach so he can say SY.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#4 : January 01, 2007, 02:58:59 PM

Will the Bucs please make their announcement now!!

Man, you're going to be awful dissappointed when February rolls around and he's still the HC.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 01, 2007, 02:57:40 PM

Geez, notaguru, you're about the most anal retentive poster I've ever seen.  Give it a rest.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 01, 2007, 02:22:20 PM

I know a lot of people are down on Vick, but he still had an OK season. Yes his QB rating was only 75, but he did throw 20 TDs to 13 INTs. His biggest problem was his completion percentage but look at who he has at WR. Their leading receiver was a TE and the best WR was Roddy freaking White. Michael Clayton and Ike Hilliard could both start for Atlanta. I mean we had Galloway who got all our passes and Clayton and Hilliard still put up numbers that rival Atlanta's starters. If I am the Falcons, I push hard for drafting a WR and signing a free agent and then spending the rest of their time building their D and maybe add an O-lineman.

Because they are locked into Vick, they better trade Schaub now and get a 1st round pick for him.

Problem is, they have spent the last 3 seasons spending draft picks on WRs and now they even have Lelie on their roster. Even with all that, they still managed to produce as much as Clayton. Heck, with Gradkoski under center for most of the season, Galloway still managed a 1000 yd season.

watson

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 01, 2007, 01:47:48 PM

Curse our bad luck. Why McKay, why did you fire that coach?
He didn't.  Here is the quote from MSN:  Owner Arthur Blank made the announcement at the team's suburban training complex.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#8 : January 01, 2007, 02:19:53 PM

I would agree with this.  Atlanta needs to make a move for Randy Moss.  And they should trade Shaub for a first rounder, like you said.  That way, they will have two first round picks to address WR, and whatever other need they have.  This team would be very scary if they had a top WR.

As far as Mora goes, he didn't do too badly there.  Besides the SuperBowl, Gruden did less here than Mora did over there.  That's why I'm a little unsure as to why they fired him.  I understand he made some comments he shouldn't have made, but all in all, they won a division and went 8-8 last year.  And I believe they were 7-9 this year?  That's better than Gruden's record the last few years.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash Gruden and I'm not trying to praise Mora.  I personally believe that Mora is an idiot, and he's out of his mind.  I was just bringing up and asking the question:  Why was the seat so hot?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 01, 2007, 02:12:52 PM

See ya.  No suprise.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 01, 2007, 02:07:59 PM

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 01, 2007, 02:00:57 PM

McKay's job is safe. Vick likes him and might want another raise sometime in the future. Blank doesn't want to do anything that might upset his star QB.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2007, 02:53:55 PM

What?  That Denny Green is going to be the new O.C?

Gruden is not getting fired clown.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#13 : January 01, 2007, 01:56:18 PM

Denny Green for the Atlanta job.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 01, 2007, 02:43:41 PM

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora Fired! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools