Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora Fired! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

phbuc

Rookie

#30 : January 03, 2007, 08:00:40 AM

I know a lot of people are down on Vick, but he still had an OK season. Yes his QB rating was only 75, but he did throw 20 TDs to 13 INTs. His biggest problem was his completion percentage but look at who he has at WR. Their leading receiver was a TE and the best WR was Roddy freaking White. Michael Clayton and Ike Hilliard could both start for Atlanta. I mean we had Galloway who got all our passes and Clayton and Hilliard still put up numbers that rival Atlanta's starters. If I am the Falcons, I push hard for drafting a WR and signing a free agent and then spending the rest of their time building their D and maybe add an O-lineman.

Because they are locked into Vick, they better trade Schaub now and get a 1st round pick for him.

His leading receiver was a TE because he's not seeing the field. His problem is he cant sit in the pocket, read the defense, find an open receiver and time a well thrown pass. If his first option is taken away he tucks the ball and runs. He has a run first mentality and always will. The guy is an incredible athlete, just not a very good QB. The next coach is doomed to the same fate as Mora as long as Vick is QB...

You are so correct.  Generation after generation of QBs refined to be the
precision pocket-passers that they are today and then along comes Michael
Vick.  He is the de-evolution of the QB.

As for his leadership skills, can you ever be proud to be his teammate?
Atlanta will never become any better because of this, and certainly not long
term. 

Still, kudos to ATL for ridding the world of another "Girlie Man".
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mora Fired! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools