Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another First Day FSU LB « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: January 01, 2007, 05:34:29 PM

How would Andrews do a s a coach in the pro's?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#1 : January 01, 2007, 05:08:10 PM

don't really matter what you think of him either....
we disagree on his protential.....

#2 : January 01, 2007, 05:10:42 PM

we sure do, "toad in the pro's" sounded a bit harsh to me is all. As long as you are ok with egg all over your face 1 year from now

#3 : January 01, 2007, 05:16:25 PM

Ok...I concede

"toad in the pros" is a bit harsh......

but I'll take" leaping frog legs" Timmons....10 out of 10 times !
as an NFL PlayhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#4 : January 01, 2007, 05:06:23 PM

When he gets drafted in the 1st round, will it really matter what YOU think of him? Casual football fans dont always realize that it's not the job of the LB to get tangled up with the OL. Every great MLB has a good DT in front of him. I remember 2 years ago Brian Urlacher and Ray Lewis were both called overrated for struggling getting off blocks, then they get good DT again and they are all pros. Buster Davis had a good season, was nominated for the Butkis Award, and showed he had great sideline to sideline speed and was an intimidating tackler. Some said Ernie Sims couldnt get off blocks either, and he has quietly had an impressive rookie season for Detroit. I seem to remember some saying Demeco Ryans struggled getting off blocks too, and he has been damn good this year

#5 : January 01, 2007, 04:55:31 PM

Buster Davis can't get his feet out from under his fatazz fighting off blocks in college....
in the or as they say....in THE.....NFL......
he'll look like the last kid standing when the music stops playing "musical chairs" at a 5 year olds birthday party

#6 : January 01, 2007, 04:20:17 PM

LOL, you say it as if Buster Davis has already struck out in the pros. Buster Davis will be a good pro LB in very little time, and barring injury he will be solid for years. Lawrence Timmons is probably a bigger playmaker. I remember last year when TRimmons played primarily special teams itr seemed like he blocked several kicks, recovered fumbles, he was just always around the ball when something happened. This year when he became starter I saw a lot of the same stuff. Great size and body will probably mature some, very good speed and a nose for the football. They should just call FSU, Linebacker U. It's like a factory with all the 1st day LBs Mickey Andrews creates. Geno Hayes is next and then Ernie Sims little brother (Marcus Sims) and AJ Nicholson little brother (Derrek Nicholson) will be next in line after that.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 01, 2007, 02:05:54 PM

I think Timmons will end up going mid-1st (depending on Pro day/combine numbers).  I definitely think he could be a star in our system.

#8 : January 01, 2007, 01:59:37 PM

certainly before Buster Davis.....great college career.....toad in the pro's(Davis)

scope88

Starter

#9 : January 01, 2007, 01:42:05 PM

Lawrence Timmons, great size, good tackler.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2006/12/fsus-timmons-will-go-pro.html

#10 : January 01, 2007, 01:43:29 PM

If he's there round 2 we should strongly consider it.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 01, 2007, 07:07:16 PM

I would say quite well but he's never wanted to.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2007, 07:27:13 PM

I would say quite well but he's never wanted to.

Yeah I think that's the case.  If he wanted to be a head coach he'd have been one by now.  He could've left FSU 15 years ago.  I think he's going to be the next head coach at FSU honestly, and that's why he stays.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 01, 2007, 07:33:41 PM

Bobby is a coach that respects loyalty so I hope Mickey is HC when he retires.  He deserves it before anyone else.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 01, 2007, 09:12:32 PM

Mickey woul dbe a very poor choice for head coach as he is a Defensive Coordinator plain and simple.  Just because he has been there for a while this does not make him the logical choice as we need someone younger with some **CENSORED**iness about him.  Kevin Steele is really one of the reasons our LB's are playing so well as he is a great assistant and in my opinion would be a better long term option at head coach than Mickey.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Another First Day FSU LB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools