Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowl Game Observations and Our Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: January 01, 2007, 07:14:27 PM

Calvin Johnson is a monster.  That's pretty much all I can say there.

Joe Thomas looked like the type of LT you just put in there and forget about for 10 years.  He almost looked bored out there against one of the SEC's best DEs.  He ran his man around the QB and also stood him up with power.  It was certainly impressive to watch.

Gaines Adams had a good game but doesn't appear to be on the level of Johnson or Thomas.  Still a definate upgrade on our line.

The two LTs in the Michigan-USC game that many believe are of the same caliber as Joe Thomas, to put it simply, are not.  Long does not show the same agility and Baker does not show the same power.  Both could be top 15 picks but are not currently in the same league as Thomas.

Dwayne Jarrett has been mentioned as 1b to Johnson's 1a.  He is good, but it is not that close. 

P.S.  Anyone listening when Musburger was talking about Jarrett's upcoming decision whether to go pro or not?  In regards to similarities to Mike Williams, Musburger said Pete Carroll told him that Mike Williams made a huge mistake to leave early.  Carroll reportedly told Williams point blank, "You are too slow for the NFL."  He says Jarrett does not have that problem.  Just thought that was interesting.

zed

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 01, 2007, 07:54:37 PM

I think Oakland will take CJ for sure, if not for their glaring need at QB as well.  Their only decision to make then is between Quinn and Calvin Johnson.  If they take Quinn, Detroit more than likely would not take CJ.  Marinelli, being their coach, they'll probably take Gaines Adams.  Which brings us to either Cleveland or us.  Whoever picks at 3 can either pick Thomas or CJ.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 01, 2007, 08:01:54 PM

Oakland could take a QB but I do not see that happening.  JT would be intriguing but I doubt it.  So it comes down to Gaines, CJ, and Adrian Peterson.  Knowing Al Davis he might go for the suprise pick with Mershawn Lynch.

Detroit will probably be targeting JT or Gaines.  They could go running back though.

Cleveland could draft a RB but I think they like what they have in Droughns.  JT/Gaines or a QB is what they are looking at most likely. Branch could be a wildcard for them.

#3 : January 01, 2007, 08:04:16 PM

Oakland- QB Brady Quinn
Detroit- DE Gaines Adams
Cleveland- LT Joe Thomas
Tampa Bay- WR Calvin Johnson

JMO of course, but that is how I think the draft will go

escobar

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 01, 2007, 08:06:44 PM

Jarrett is looking pretty damn impressive tonight.

#5 : January 01, 2007, 08:07:57 PM

Oakland- QB Brady Quinn
Detroit- DE Gaines Adams
Cleveland- LT Joe Thomas
Tampa Bay- WR Calvin Johnson

JMO of course, but that is how I think the draft will go
I'm hoping we get the 3rd selection, and our pick of JT and CJ.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#6 : January 01, 2007, 08:16:18 PM

Jarrett was damn impressive.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#7 : January 01, 2007, 08:16:49 PM

I don't like his constant taunting....

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 01, 2007, 08:25:45 PM

Yeah, that seemed pretty excessive.  Looks like he might be kind of a jackass.  I'd take CJ over him any day.

#9 : January 01, 2007, 08:26:26 PM

Yeah, that seemed pretty excessive. Looks like he might be kind of a jackass. I'd take CJ over him any day.
Same here, the more I hear about CJ and his personality the more he makes me think of Marvin Harrison.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#10 : January 01, 2007, 08:42:49 PM

Hey we got a 50/50 for third pick.
Raiders need a QB bad and cant wait till second round to snare him. They go Quinn or Trade down.
Lions D line would be the logical choice.
Bucs if CJ on the board I think Jon will demand him as he appears to be able to make an immediate impact.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 01, 2007, 08:43:54 PM

Hey we got a 50/50 for third pick.
Raiders need a QB bad and cant wait till second round to snare him. They go Quinn or Trade down.
Lions D line would be the logical choice.
Bucs if CJ on the board I think Jon will demand him as he appears to be able to make an immediate impact.

Lions will go QB especially if JaMarcus Russel Declares

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 01, 2007, 08:45:45 PM

if we take CJ we dont need him on the bench like stovall was, he needs to be on the field

T

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 02, 2007, 10:23:27 AM

I like CJ or Jarret jsut for the fact that CJ had less talent around him and still dominated. One player had Reggie Ball throwing to him while the other had a future Heisman Award Finalist throwing to him. Also, the taunting from Jarret didn't sit well with me either. I'd love to see CJ or Joe Thomas here next year.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#14 : January 02, 2007, 10:50:03 AM

Joe Thomas will be my pick.  That way we could move Davis to guard.  The Bus would then have a young that will grow and be good for years to come.   
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowl Game Observations and Our Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools