Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowl Game Observations and Our Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 02, 2007, 08:05:04 PM

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C-?????
RG-Joseph
RT-Trueblood

I like it.

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C- FA Pickup
RG-Joseph
RT-AD

Truelblood is your swing tackle with experience than...
So now our QB gets killed by the LDE, not the RDE?

whatever man...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 02, 2007, 08:05:40 PM

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C-?????
RG-Joseph
RT-Trueblood

I like it.

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C- FA Pickup
RG-Joseph
RT-AD

I am fine with either, so long as we get an experienced NFL center who can make line calls AND block.  And no, MBF - I don't think the qb would be getting killed if the bucs had either of these two groups.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#32 : January 02, 2007, 08:06:50 PM

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C-?????
RG-Joseph
RT-Trueblood

I like it.

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C- FA Pickup
RG-Joseph
RT-AD

whatever man...
Hate to break it to you but AD is still a liability.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 02, 2007, 08:11:34 PM

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C-?????
RG-Joseph
RT-Trueblood

I like it.

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C- FA Pickup
RG-Joseph
RT-AD

whatever man...

Thanks for that information, now I know where to come to for some expert thoughts on the oline...You'll surely be my first reference...we'll disagree all day on his worth and his play so I'm not really going to go there with you dawg...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#34 : January 02, 2007, 08:20:05 PM

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C-?????
RG-Joseph
RT-Trueblood

I like it.

LT-Thomas
LG-Buenning
C- FA Pickup
RG-Joseph
RT-AD

whatever man...

Thanks for that information, now I know where to come to for some expert thoughts on the oline...You'll surely be my first reference...
Did I strike a nerve?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 02, 2007, 09:02:05 PM

http://huddlegeeks.com/NFL_Draft/tradevalue.htm

For anyone that hasn't seen this I thought I would post it. For those of you that have you can verify whether or not it's accurate.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 02, 2007, 08:30:42 PM

I'll give you a bowl game observation. Whoever was responsible for the opening presentation to the Orange Bowl needs to be shot. They bring out Ali and Dwade yet fail to make sure the mics work properly so the audience missed the entire presentation. Swell job. They might as well have brought out Rosie and Martha Burk.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 02, 2007, 09:16:31 PM

MBF, you didn't strike any nerve that anyone else hasn't. It's well documented about how I feel about the oline...but at least I'm not taking a shot n the dark and just saying stuff because I have a keyboard in front of me...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 02, 2007, 08:35:10 PM

MBF, didja strike a nerve, don't know.  Were ya a butt - oh yeah.  click

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#39 : January 02, 2007, 09:03:07 PM

For anyone that hasn't seen this I thought I would post it. For those of you that have you can verify whether or not it's accurate.

There are dozens of sites with the same chart, and it is accurate.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 02, 2007, 09:06:21 PM

There are dozens of sites with the same chart, and it is accurate.

Ok cool. I've heard a lot about the chart I just have never seen it. I figured there are others who haven't as well. After looking it over we can really stock up if we decided to trade down.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 02, 2007, 10:47:45 PM

The only thing that scares me about Thomas is his knee injury history. CJ appeared to be a man among boys in that bowl game...simply amazing. Seems to have a good head on him, too - not like Jarrett. Even Musberger during one of Jarrett's tauntfests was moved to say, "Kids, if you want to emulate someone, emulate Larry Fitzgerald - not T.O."

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 03, 2007, 02:03:09 AM

The only thing that scares me about Thomas is his knee injury history. CJ appeared to be a man among boys in that bowl game...simply amazing. Seems to have a good head on him, too - not like Jarrett. Even Musberger during one of Jarrett's tauntfests was moved to say, "Kids, if you want to emulate someone, emulate Larry Fitzgerald - not T.O."

Guys in college recover from knee injuries.  IT is not as bad as you think.

Thomas is a great pick.

Even if he flops, it is worth the risk...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 04, 2007, 09:54:03 AM

Guys in college recover from knee injuries. IT is not as bad as you think.

Thomas is a great pick.

Even if he flops, it is worth the risk...

I don't think JG's job can stand a flop in the first round.  Dude has to come in and be a mauler from day one...Plus the haters...err...Half-Empties will be all over him for making a bad pick in the first round at LOT no less...that is a lose lose scenario.  They have to hit a home run with that guy...

bklynbucs11

Starter

#44 : January 04, 2007, 11:16:09 AM

I have only one problem with the Joe Thomas pick -

I really like Anthony Davis. This kid has made a LOT of strides over the past year. Let's not forget, he gave up 2 sacks this season and wasn't flagged all that often. I don't want to see this guy off the field. He's too much of a hard worker and too much of a team player. If he could play center or guard, I'd say draft draft draft. But, the situation with Buenning is up in the air (though i think/hope he'll return to 2005 form). From what i understand about Davis - he can play multiple positions. And hey, the Eagles center Jackson also started as an LT. However, i'm skeptical - though tempted. Davis is a serviceable guy and we should keep him in the lineup. Now, what looks really tempting is the following:

LT - Thomas
LG-  Buenning
C - Davis
RG - Joseph
RT - Trueblood.

if thats our O-line and we hire Hudson Houck, we will be a top-10 offense next year.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bowl Game Observations and Our Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools