Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wild Card Weekend picks...... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

escobar

Hall of Famer

« : January 01, 2007, 07:18:21 PM »

1. Chiefs vs Colts

Is there a bigger nightmare of a 1st round matchup for the Colts than the Chiefs? The leagues worst run D going up against the 2nd best running back in the league. That spells nightmare if you are an Indy fan. I'm afraid it's going to be another 1st round exit for Dungy. I don't want this to turn into a Dungy/Gruden thread but I'd love to hear the excuses the pro Dungy/anti Gruden crowd make for Dungy after this one. Dungy, unlike Gruden, DID have cash and all of his draft picks to work with and yet his D (his specialty) is just awful. Do all of the anti's think he should be fired right along with Gruden? Something tells me the answer is no.

I know the Colts are at home but I just don't see that D stopping LJ.

Chiefs 27 Colts 17

2. Jets vs Patriots

I know the Jets have been playing ok, but there is absolutely no way they go on the road and upset Brady and the Pats. It just isn't going to happen and that's all that needs to be said about this matchup.

Jets 10 Patriots 24

3. Giants vs Eagles

Yeah Tiki had a great game this past week, but does anyone think this team is going to do anything at all in the playoffs? The Eagles are playing great, Garcia is playing perfectly, Westbrook has been one of the best RB's in the league this year, and they are at home. I think this one will be closer than it should be, just because it's a divisional game between two teams that hate each other and those are usually close games.

Giants 16 Eagles 20

4. Cowboys vs Seahawks

This is a hard one to pick if you ask me, one week Romo and the 'boys look great and the next they lose to the Lions. However, with Glenn, TO, Witten, and Jones I believe they are going to be too much to handle for an injury plagued Seattle D. It's all going to come down to Alexander IMO and for some reason I have a feeling the Dallas D is going to step up and lead the team to victory.

Cowboys 17 Seahawks 10

What are your picks?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 01, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »

I like the Colts winning 35-28.  They will probably give up 200+ on the ground but I think Peyton lights in up with 3-4TD passes.
Patriots 21-17
Eagles 16-13
Seahawks 21-10  I'm just hoping for this to happen.  I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans and it's horrible when they win.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 01, 2007, 07:33:47 PM »

I like the Colts winning 35-28. They will probably give up 200+ on the ground but I think Peyton lights in up with 3-4TD passes.
Patriots 21-17
Eagles 16-13
Seahawks 21-10 I'm just hoping for this to happen. I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans and it's horrible when they win.

I think Manning is certainly capable of slicing up the Chiefs D, but I believe LJ will keep Manning on the sideline. I think we are going to see a few very long drives by the Chiefs and Manning isn't going to have the chance to win it for the Colts. We shall see.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
« #3 : January 01, 2007, 07:36:05 PM »

That game is the biggest toss up to me.  If the Colts get a lead and are able to get 4+ drives in the second half I think they win.   Does the winner play San Diego?

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 01, 2007, 07:37:48 PM »

If it's Kansas City I believe.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #5 : January 01, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »

Colts/Chiefs- The Chiefs match up well with the Colts with an outstanding running game and both Law and Surtain at Cornerback.  Addai is banged up which means that this one lies on the shoulders of Peyton Manning.  The Cheifs back doored their way into the playoffs and I don't see them winning but I agree with Buccina....itll be something of the likes of 35-28.

Patriots/Jets- Escobar, I don't know if you remember, but the Jets traveled to New England earlier this year and defeated the Patriots.  However, I don't see a team doing that twice in the same year to the Patriots.  It will be a close game but New England will pull it out.

Philadelphia/New York- The Eagles are riding high, but the Giants play them tight.  It will be a close game, but I don't see them losing to the Giants.  Watch out for this team, as the only team I see standing in their way is the Saints.  You know when Brett Favre lights up the starters of Chicago, they are in trouble.

Seahawks over Cowboys- I'm sorry but I dont even have to explain myself here.  Romo turned into Gradkowski over the past few weeks and the Defense is giving up almost 40 pts to the Lions.  Ridicilous.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 01, 2007, 07:46:46 PM »

Colts/Chiefs- The Chiefs match up well with the Colts with an outstanding running game and both Law and Surtain at Cornerback.  Addai is banged up which means that this one lies on the shoulders of Peyton Manning.  The Cheifs back doored their way into the playoffs and I don't see them winning but I agree with Buccina....itll be something of the likes of 35-28.

Patriots/Jets- Escobar, I don't know if you remember, but the Jets traveled to New England earlier this year and defeated the Patriots.  However, I don't see a team doing that twice in the same year to the Patriots.  It will be a close game but New England will pull it out.

Philadelphia/New York- The Eagles are riding high, but the Giants play them tight.  It will be a close game, but I don't see them losing to the Giants.  Watch out for this team, as the only team I see standing in their way is the Saints.  You know when Brett Favre lights up the starters of Chicago, they are in trouble.

Seahawks over Cowboys- I'm sorry but I dont even have to explain myself here.  Romo turned into Gradkowski over the past few weeks and the Defense is giving up almost 40 pts to the Lions.  Ridicilous.

It's the playoffs though and with all the experience the Pats have, along with having Brady, I just don't see the Jets having a chance. I would kind of like to see the Jets win, just because I'm sick of hearing about the Patriots, I just don't see it.

I think the Cowboys just took the Lions way too lightly and were looking forward to the playoffs. Hasselbeck has been off and on this year and I'm not sure which side of him is going to show up. If the Dallas D plays like it did for stretches earlier in the season I think they are more than capable of shutting down the Seattle offense. Add in the fact that TO, Glenn, and Witten make up a very good WR/TE set that will be going up against a very beat up Seattle secondary, and I think it has the makings of a mini upset.

nflinsider

Starter

« #7 : January 01, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »

I like the Colts winning 35-28. They will probably give up 200+ on the ground but I think Peyton lights in up with 3-4TD passes.
Patriots 21-17
Eagles 16-13
Seahawks 21-10 I'm just hoping for this to happen. I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans and it's horrible when they win.
[/quote
Patriots 21-17
Eagles 16-13

I like the Colts over the Chiefs and I'm afraid the Cowboys may find a way to beat the Seahawks.

Samari28

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 01, 2007, 08:58:43 PM »

Go Chiefs!!!

« #9 : January 01, 2007, 11:41:47 PM »

Chiefs 28, Colts 24 - chiefs play "dungy-ball" and eat up over 40 minutes of clock.

Pats 27,  Jets 6 - jets' fairytale season comes to a screeching hault.

Giants 20, Iggles 17 - just because i hatedaeagles.

Dallas 28, Seahags 17 - Hags may be the worse team i've ever seen that won their division.

« #10 : January 01, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »

Chiefs 27
Colts   20

Pats 31
Jets 20

Eagles 24
Giants 21

Dallas 30
Seattle 24

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 02, 2007, 12:01:58 AM »

Colts and Cowboys are imploding. So I pick them to lose.

I pick the Eagles and Pats to win.

PoorRichard

Starter

« #12 : January 02, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »

Chiefs 24 Colts 23 -- Will LJ run for 400 yards??
Patriots 24 Jets 20 -- I can't wait to see Brady vs. the Ravens. I expect it to be the best game of the year with the winner beating San Diego on the way to the Super Bowl.

Giants 27 Eagles 17 -- Why?? I don't know, but your luck can change that quickly in the playoffs.
Seahawks 34 Cowgirls 13 -- The NFL should create a new award and call it the Terrel Owens Least Valuable Player Award or the LVP.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 02, 2007, 12:48:28 AM »

Whatever the record is for most rushing yards in a playoff game, I think Johnson has a chance to break it this weekend. If it was a home game for the Chiefs I would say it's a lock.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 02, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »

Chiefs 48 Colts 45
Patriots 44 Jets 10
Eagles 20 Giants 10
Cowboys 31 Seahawks 17
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wild Card Weekend picks...... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools