Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think the Shotgun Formation will help the Offense? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

zed

Pro Bowler

: January 01, 2007, 08:36:44 PM

With Gruden finally giving in saying that they're going to look at the shotgun in the offseason, how do you think it will help the offense if implemented?

Personally, I think it will help Simms with the batted balls, but then again, Gruden mentioned that he just has to adjust the way he throws, either sometimes sidearmed or something to that extent.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 01, 2007, 08:42:19 PM

yes it will help big time

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 01, 2007, 08:46:49 PM

Adding the shotgun can't really hurt the offense anymore and since the team will have the whole offseason to work it in, it can only help the team. As for Simms' batted balls, alot of it goes back to mechanics and Simms zoning in on his WR for too long. Hopefully, Gruden will sign a veteran QB that can compete for a starting job alongside Simms.

One thing's for sure, theres gonna be less "Why dosn't Gruden put in the shotgun" threads next season.

#3 : January 01, 2007, 08:50:36 PM

One thing's for sure, theres gonna be less "Why dosn't Gruden put in the shotgun" threads next season.

They'll be replaced with "Why didn't Gruden put in the shotgun sooner" threads.

nflinsider

Starter

#4 : January 01, 2007, 08:52:28 PM

Dude, you've got a better chance of seeing Osama Bin Ladden than seeing the shotgun in a Gruden coached offense.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 01, 2007, 08:55:12 PM

Dude, you've got a better chance of seeing Osama Bin Ladden than seeing the shotgun in a Gruden coached offense.

Gruden said in a press conference that he might put the shotgun in the offense.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 01, 2007, 08:57:49 PM

Sure can't hurt. Anything and everything should be looked at to improve the offense. Might open up better lanes for running from the QB as well. I'd say Gruden likely will be listening to all suggestions because I would think he's got one season to turn it around.

zed

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 01, 2007, 09:04:23 PM

“For all the shotgun people out there, we will be looking at the shotgun here in the offseason,” Gruden said.

I thought you were an insider????

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 01, 2007, 09:04:49 PM

At this point our offense cannot get much worse so why not.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : January 01, 2007, 09:05:56 PM

Couldn't hurt.  If Tom Brady & Peyton freaking Manning can use it why not Chris?

nflinsider

Starter

#10 : January 01, 2007, 09:08:55 PM

“For all the shotgun people out there, we will be looking at the shotgun here in the offseason,” Gruden said.

I thought you were an insider????

Uhhh...dont get your hopes up, AINT NO WAY he's using the shotgun bra!

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 01, 2007, 09:17:50 PM

Even if it's added, it's not gonna make much of an impact.  It's not some magic elixir that automatically adds 20 points to a QB's rating, whatever many people here think.

#12 : January 01, 2007, 09:25:35 PM

Couldn't hurt.  If Tom Brady & Peyton freaking Manning can use it why not Chris?
Maybe because Brady and Manning are two of the greatest QBs ever, and Simms is yet to stay healthy and consistant?

Also you nailed people to the wall who even mentioned Bruce and Brady as 6th round QBs, but it's okay to act like those two are on the same level as Chris? Er...okay.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 01, 2007, 09:37:30 PM

Couldn't hurt.  If Tom Brady & Peyton freaking Manning can use it why not Chris?
Maybe because Brady and Manning are two of the greatest QBs ever, and Simms is yet to stay healthy and consistant?

Also you nailed people to the wall who even mentioned Bruce and Brady as 6th round QBs, but it's okay to act like those two are on the same level as Chris? Er...okay.
Of course it isn't, those guys are nowhere near as good as ChrisAlmighty.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#14 : January 01, 2007, 09:40:39 PM

OH, puh-leeze.  I didn't say Simms was comprable to those guys.  I just meant that Gruden acts like it's a bad thing, but it's good enough for Brady & Manning it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think the Shotgun Formation will help the Offense? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools