Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think the Shotgun Formation will help the Offense? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : January 01, 2007, 09:41:16 PM

OH, puh-leeze. I didn't say Simms was comprable to those guys. I just meant that Gruden acts like it's a bad thing, but it's good enough for Brady & Manning it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Ah, I apologize, tone on the internet, can never tell you know.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : January 01, 2007, 09:43:34 PM

OH, puh-leeze. I didn't say Simms was comprable to those guys. I just meant that Gruden acts like it's a bad thing, but it's good enough for Brady & Manning it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Ah, I apologize, tone on the internet, can never tell you know.
Love ya, RJ. ;)

#17 : January 01, 2007, 09:42:36 PM

Couldn't hurt. If Tom Brady & Peyton freaking Manning can use it why not Chris?
Maybe because Brady and Manning are two of the greatest QBs ever, and Simms is yet to stay healthy and consistant?

Also you nailed people to the wall who even mentioned Bruce and Brady as 6th round QBs, but it's okay to act like those two are on the same level as Chris? Er...okay.
Of course it isn't, those guys are nowhere near as good as ChrisAlmighty.
You can do better than that....like Bruce = Anti-Chris, see you've got the whole correlation to another Chris(t) while maintaing the Simms = savior attitude.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 01, 2007, 09:50:42 PM

Even if it's added, it's not gonna make much of an impact.  It's not some magic elixir that automatically adds 20 points to a QB's rating, whatever many people here think.

Precisely. The shotgun formation, while at times beneficial, carries a number of downsides as well.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#19 : January 01, 2007, 09:51:58 PM

It will help some, however Simms has ALOT to work on in the offseason. He needs to somehow alter his motion, and learn to look of a safety.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#20 : January 01, 2007, 09:52:16 PM

Even if it's added, it's not gonna make much of an impact. It's not some magic elixir that automatically adds 20 points to a QB's rating, whatever many people here think.

Precisely. The shotgun formation, while at times beneficial, carries a number of downsides as well.
Can anyone remember the last time John Wade made a shotgun snap or a snap in general longer than to his backside?

#21 : January 01, 2007, 09:52:58 PM

It will help some, however Simms has ALOT to work on in the offseason. He needs to somehow alter his motion, and learn to look of a safety.
Yep, and let's hope we get a vet in here to push him but also to mentor him. I know Brunnel isn't the most talented one out there, but perhaps his advice would be the best?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 01, 2007, 09:58:24 PM

Can anyone remember the last time John Wade made a shotgun snap or a snap in general longer than to his backside?

Under live fire, it has been at least four years.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#23 : January 01, 2007, 10:00:18 PM

Under live fire, it has been at least four years.
We ran the shotgun with Gradkowski one time this season.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 01, 2007, 10:03:06 PM

If I recall correctly, the ball was never snapped on that single play when they lined Grads up in the shotgun.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#25 : January 01, 2007, 10:06:50 PM

If I recall correctly, the ball was never snapped on that single play when they lined Grads up in the shotgun.
I remember there was a penalty, so you probably are right.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

#26 : January 01, 2007, 10:07:43 PM

Yeah that's correct, I remember it since I figured we'd go right back to it...never again.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 01, 2007, 10:12:01 PM

I believe it was a gadget formation and there never was an intent to snap the ball.

zed

Pro Bowler

#28 : January 01, 2007, 10:47:36 PM

I remember there was a penalty, so you probably are right.
It was not a penalty.  We called a timeout.  We were going to call a timeout anyway, but lining up in that starwars formation, we were somewhat hoping that the other team would call time out for us.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#29 : January 01, 2007, 11:08:58 PM

good news!  i think the shotgun will help simms alot

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do you think the Shotgun Formation will help the Offense? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools