Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What If... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Larry Brackins

Starter
#15 : January 02, 2007, 12:10:43 AM

as long as its not smith....we have a smith in Grads....under height with a good arm.......still no line to help him though any way we look at it, we need a better line with a good FA leader on the O-line...
Gradkowski doesn't have a good arm.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 02, 2007, 12:11:10 AM

The Bucs have never had a franchise QB. It would no doubt be an immediate improvement. And even if that QB doesn't do all that well next year, it will push Simms in training camp and the pre-season to get better.

We need to stop settling with these 2nd day draft picks to fill our QB slots. Yes there may be a Tom Brady out there once in a while, but that is extremely rare. Why don't we make the best of this high pick and finally get a guy we can build around?

#17 : January 02, 2007, 12:16:03 AM

Russell would be perfect from what I have seen.  Great leader, great arm, great size.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#18 : January 02, 2007, 01:35:30 AM

The Bucs have never had a franchise QB. It would no doubt be an immediate improvement. And even if that QB doesn't do all that well next year, it will push Simms in training camp and the pre-season to get better.

We need to stop settling with these 2nd day draft picks to fill our QB slots. Yes there may be a Tom Brady out there once in a while, but that is extremely rare. Why don't we make the best of this high pick and finally get a guy we can build around?

I don't think Gruden chooses those 2nd day QBs to be the starter for the team. There was an article a long while back with him saying that he wanted these project QBs so he can coach them up and eventually trade them for draft picks ala Holmgreen. I don't think he expected his starter to just suck or get injured and be forced to play a rookie for the majority of the season.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 02, 2007, 01:55:30 AM

If we take Quinn I will buy a Delhomme jersey and switch teams. Not really, but I read an article, maybe someone on her posted it, that laid Quinn's career out and it was actually a complete joke. The article explained what his numbers would be if you took out the joke teams ND plays and they were VERY average. Give him those exact stats and make him the QB of FAMU and he is an undrafted rookie. Put him on ND, let him get the majority of his GOOD stats playing against NAVY and a bunch of other joke teams and he is being talked about as the #1 pick. No thanks. IF we do draft a QB, I want it to be Russell. At least he played in a solid conference.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#20 : January 02, 2007, 09:36:12 AM

I want Jamarcus or troy smith............we need mobiltiy at that positon as well

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 02, 2007, 09:46:39 AM

Russell is definately intriguing to me.

I like Russel and Smith.  I don't think we have the luxury of drafting either...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What If... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools