Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Palin Met With Boos at Flyers’ Opener « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2008, 11:35:53 PM

I would love to know what post you gathered that Conservative stance. I don't know any person, Conservative or Liberal, who doesn't want people that NEED help to get it. The question at hand is how much should the gov't provide? How long does the gov't provide it? Should we make the welfare recipients comfy enough to where they do want to get out of that welfare-cycle?

But no one wants those that NEED the help to not get that help.

Sadly, I think some people do feel NO ONE should get help from the government -- no matter what their situation is.

I know Snook , but I have never met anyone on the right that felt NO ONE should get help.

I have heard some of these issues voiced by those on the right - while they aren't against helping those that need it - the belief is that there is much abuse.

I have seen abuse first hand. When welfare fathers stand behind welfare moms trying to buy  food for their families. The dad's wait for the change and then buy alcohol and cigarettes.

I have seen families stay on welfare for years. I have seen men and women not get married because it lessened the benifits they could get.

I have seen young men that could afford insurance - yet refused to buy it because they wanted the extra cash to buy beer and cigarettes. I then saw that young man get testicular cancer. He had no insurance. His mom lied and said he was a student living at home (he was 20 at the time and living on his own). The insurance company was duped into covering the cancer claim.

From Welfare & Insurance to unemployment:

I have managed locations where men and women have walked in to bring me their forms to show they tried to get work. Most of them did not ask me for a job, they simply asked me to sign off on their form so their benefits could keep rolling in. Now, they don't even need to get a form signed...they just call in and tell the government that they had no luck...and the money keeps coming. Folks can get benefits for up to two years.

I provide help to my family when they are sick, I have helped the poor.

I have been poor. My father lost his job and we adjusted. We worked and were ashamed to collect welfare, we did until my father couldn't take it and put us all to work. He felt he was caught unprepared. His diagnoses was that he was not trained or properly educated to be of value to other employers. He went back to school while he worlked full time. He taught me not to leave myself so exposed. It lit a fire in me to never let myself get into that situation. How many have we denied this learning to? How many folks that needed to learn this lesson have we stunted the growth by ending this impetus for change (need can sometimes be the wolf at the door) similarly?

Many here don't remember their history as we were taught. Originally the "government dol" (handout) was viewed as a bad thing - Roosevelt created work based welfare programs. If you were able then you got a chance to earn some money. Then someone figured out a way to bastardize that and carve out MORE votes - by encouraging voters, citizens to cheat for welfare. We encourage them to sit home and wait for the government check...

And what would be wrong with a little moral outrage?

I am in favor of helping folks that need it - especially when kids are concerned. I am for helping the elderly who really put their time in and paid a larger proportioin of their incomes to the growing glutonous  government...I am for helping those that can't work due to physical limitations.

And I have not even gotten into the wasting of the peoples money by those that take our money and pass it from hand to hand (to hand - and these hands vote too) to a fund for prgrams for poor folks (voters)...the hands that process have to be paid, the more hands that have to process the more money it takes to process money, the more votes there are for congress and the president give to poor people - so poor folks don't get as much of my check as is taken - I pay more they get much less = bad plan.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 13, 2008, 08:18:55 AM

For once the Philly fans get it right, Palin is an atrocity and deserves boos at every stop.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 12, 2008, 09:27:40 PM

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/11/a-misplaced-hockey-mom-moment/

Well played Philly, well played.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 12, 2008, 09:56:18 PM

some boos. Its philly scum all around. She should be proud

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 12, 2008, 09:58:27 PM

Philly sports fans booing? And that's a surprise?

This is a city that booed when the Eagles drafted McNabb.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 12, 2008, 10:01:37 PM

Philadelphia is nothing but a swine pit....The Skyuckill(sp?) river is so disgusting and vile....That city has absolutely no room to boo anything at anyone at a sports venue....

City is pathetic at sports....whens the last time any of their teams won a championship...i think it was the 76ers....and that was in the 80s.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 12, 2008, 10:03:36 PM

Great sports town. And Democrat town. Thus, the boos.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 12, 2008, 10:07:58 PM

Great sports town.

I guess their fans would have to love their sports...I do not think I could be a fan of every year of piss poor athletics in that city.

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 12, 2008, 10:29:37 PM

Great sports town.

I guess their fans would have to love their sports...I do not think I could be a fan of every year of piss poor athletics in that city.

Have you ever been to Philly? Just curious.

Their sports teams are almost always competitive.

The Eagle's fans are in league of their own with their outrageous behavior. Then again, it's only a percentage.
Go to a Phillies game and it's a completely different story. Flyers' game too.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 12, 2008, 10:30:46 PM

Yes I have been to Filthadelphia.....

That city is just one word in Sports that defines all of them: "Choke"

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 12, 2008, 10:35:22 PM

Great sports town.

Have you ever been to Philly? Just curious.

Their sports teams are almost always competitive.

The Eagle's fans are in league of their own with their outrageous behavior. Then again, it's only a percentage.
Go to a Phillies game and it's a completely different story. Flyers' game too.
I don't need to go to Philly to know that all of their teams are LOSERS, and their fans are jackasses.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 12, 2008, 11:02:48 PM

I love visiting Philly. And their fans are passionate and don't leave their football games in the 3rd quarter.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#12 : October 12, 2008, 11:17:18 PM

I love visiting Philly. And their fans are passionate and don't leave their football games in the 3rd quarter.

If you call Psychotic,A**hole, losers who will fight with anyone at their stadium not wearing a Eagles jersey, and cheer when people get hurt, you can have that....They are the absolute worst fans in the NFL. Their ego is worse then Terrell Owens, they refuse to admit they like a crappy team who will never win a SB and just keep supporting that team.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 12, 2008, 11:44:55 PM

Well, if you ever go to an Eagle's game, don't wear one of your Jonas Brothers t-shirts.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 12, 2008, 11:54:14 PM

Philadelphia the only sports stadium in the land with a jail in it. Their fans are so "passionate" that undercover police officers walk around in opposing team garb to catch the "passion" of the fans in action.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Palin Met With Boos at Flyers’ Opener « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools